Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

can't find tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discohouse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: can't find tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate Reply with quote

Hi. I have tried to look for tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate to make the LIPOIC ACID DMAE & TETRAHEXYLDECYL ASCORBATE cream, but I can't find anywhere that sells it. I have checked all the links in this forum, as well as the link Dr. Todorov provided in the DIY skincare package, but I cannot find it there either. Did I overlook it? And since I cannot find it, can I replace the tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate with the more easier to find L-asorbic acid powder? Or will it not work with the Lipoic Acid & DMAE mixture? If I can use the L-asorbic acid power in the mixture, how much do I need to add to the Lipoic acid and DMAE mixture?
Thank you very much. I really enjoy this website.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bulkactives.com/ascorbyltetraisopalmitate.htm
Discohouse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much! I really appreciate it.
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any clinically significant differences between Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate and Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate?
Thanks!
Mike
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Actually the same substance is often called by both names, even though it is not strictly accurate from the standpoint of chemical nomenclature. In any case, they seem to be interchangeable as far as skincare goes.
Mike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the maximum concentration of Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate that would make sense to apply to the skin? Would there be any reason to put Tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate and some other form of vitamin C in the same topical preparation?
Thanks!
Mike
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is at least one study where the combo was used w/o any seeming problems. They used 7% of tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate and 10% ascorbic acid. However, typical commercial formulas use 2% tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, so experience with higher concentrations relatively small.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Antioxidants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: