Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Caffeine as (temporary) firmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maxxilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Caffeine as (temporary) firmer Reply with quote

Is caffeine helpful and safe when used topically to temporarily firm the skin? I've seen it used in both facial and body (cellulite) products. What percentage is effective and safe?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caffeine does have some anti-edema effects, possibly by altering capillary permeability and perhaps through mild indirect (perhaps via norepinephrine release) peripheral blood vessel constriction. Therefore, it might reduce facial puffiness if applied topically. However, I have not seen and specific safety and effectiveness data on topical caffene. Generally speaking, caffeine is relatively safe, consifering that even heavy coffee drinkers usually do not develop major side-effects. But it would be useful to have topical data.
Meilin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure about the percentages, but Maybelline Age Rewind foundation has caffine in it. I tried it and it does have a noticable firming effect.
blackandtan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom uses this neck cream that has caffeine in it by Be Fine FOod Skin Care. One of the main ingredients that it boasts is that caffeine evens out and smoothes the skin while the natural vitamins support collagen production. I have more of a problem drinking stuff with caffeine it in and i tried the neck cream and I don't feel symptoms of hyperactivity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: