Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

New report on Dmae

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clearlipstick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: New report on Dmae Reply with quote

Doctor,

I was very concerned about using Dmae in preparations until I read your article on this site. I then started to make my own mixture of just HA, Dmae and water. Today I felt the urge to do a google on dmae again and came across this site. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView&TermToSearch=17940822&ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum
It is the latest on the dmae saga,

Can you please read this and let me know your view. I am not sure which version they are discussing (amine, or bitartrate)

I obviously do not wish to be killing the cells as this is what will cause sag in the end.

Tiffany
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is had to extrapolate from tissue culture study to real life use. There also are situations when apoptosis may be a good thing, esp. if it is more selective towards senescent cells. What needs to be done is a human study with DMAE formulas in typical use (it doesn't have to be facial skin). Until then, it may be prudent to hold off with DMAE or at least be very cautious. See

smartskincare.com/ingredients/dmae_safety.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: