Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

23 Year old wants to look after his skin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
messmorph

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: 23 Year old wants to look after his skin Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I am 23 year old Aussie bloke. i have good skin but recently felt like I am getting a few little wrinkles. Mainly from being in the sun. I dont want to give away my tan.

I made the DIY protection pack. Think its base cream with green tea, lipotic acid and grape seed. I put this on 2x a day. I got it from this website.

I also ordered Retin A (tretinoin) cream which I will put on every second day at 0.025%

What do you guys think? died is good and includes lots of fruit, berries, 50G of dried GoJi berries and about 5 white tea a day.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, 23 might be a bit too early for retin A. The main focus for your, most likely, should be sun protection. See smartskincare.com/skinprotection/
messmorph

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and what is the negative of taking 0.025% retin A every second day?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, you may be too young, but otherwise using 0.025% every other day is ok.
amybrown88

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely agree that 23 is too young to start using retin A. Although retin A does wonderful things for skin, if you use it too early on it can also cause skin damage....I totally agree that you should be focusing on sunscreen. Be viligant and apply sunscreen on your face every single morning of the year with an SPF of at least 17! You can even get a moisturizer with a sunscreen in it and then you will really be taking care of your skin!
messmorph

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amybrown88 wrote:
I definitely agree that 23 is too young to start using retin A. Although retin A does wonderful things for skin, if you use it too early on it can also cause skin damage....I totally agree that you should be focusing on sunscreen. Be viligant and apply sunscreen on your face every single morning of the year with an SPF of at least 17! You can even get a moisturizer with a sunscreen in it and then you will really be taking care of your skin!

everyone says it can cause skin damage. But can I ask HOW? Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: