Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

How to Liquify Carbomer Solution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
softmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: How to Liquify Carbomer Solution Reply with quote

Hello,

I got a carbomer solution that needs to be liquified in order to analize it with a device that runs the substance thru tiny pipes. The solution is tin enough for me to force it through the pipe by hand (by hooking the pipe to a bottle and squeezing) but not thin enough for the device's weak motor to pump it through fast enough.

Currently the solution is as tick as gel deodorant or hand sanitizer, does anyone knows how can I liquify it? Ideally it needs to be as thin as water but anything will help.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the pH to more acidic with acid or whatever. The carbomer gel is unstable for acidic pH and will liquify.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: