Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Eyeliss

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Eyeliss Reply with quote

I'm in my mid 40's and imho look and act significantly younger than my age physically except for one key area: my eyes. I have deep wrinkles in the skin within the eye socket are and, just as bad, my eyelids are incredibly puffy. (I wouldn't really know if I have dark circles because there is so much fluid there.) Also, one other thing: Prep H seems to do little to help.

So I was considering trying Eyeliss because I believe it was formulated for just this purpose. But here's my question: you can buy Eyeliss from Dermaxine ($15ish) or from theherberie or lotioncrafter for about half of that.

So, since I"m on a tight budget, I would tend to get the cheaper one. Is there a down side? Do you have to make it youself if you by from thehrberie or lotioncrafter?

Also, any advice on this problem would be much appreciated...
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter where you buy it (I would go with the cheapest site), you will have to add the concentrate to your base cream in proportion so that eyeliss is 3% of the final formula.

You could try that for a few months. The result (if any) would be sublte and hard to detect, so the best thing to do is to try it on only one eye, and use only the base cream on the other eye. Assuming your eyes are equally baggy, that will really help you determine if that active does something (an please tell us).

Topical actives are in general weak and results at at most 'modest'. If you don't observe any improvement of the treated eye, probably you should talk to a good plastic surgeon. If your eyes are constantly puffy, not only in the morning, probably your have fat accumulation there which could be resolved with a fat dissolving microinjections. The skin texture could be improved by skin resurfacing laser or plasma skin resurfacing. Last but not least, you could have the bags operated.
SageRave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Eyeliss Reply with quote

Whisper9999 wrote:
I'm in my mid 40's and imho look and act significantly younger than my age physically except for one key area: my eyes. I have deep wrinkles in the skin within the eye socket are and, just as bad, my eyelids are incredibly puffy. (I wouldn't really know if I have dark circles because there is so much fluid there.) Also, one other thing: Prep H seems to do little to help.

So I was considering trying Eyeliss because I believe it was formulated for just this purpose. But here's my question: you can buy Eyeliss from Dermaxine ($15ish) or from theherberie or lotioncrafter for about half of that.

So, since I"m on a tight budget, I would tend to get the cheaper one. Is there a down side? Do you have to make it youself if you by from thehrberie or lotioncrafter?

Are you buying the Canadian version of preparation H? The USA version doesn't have the formula that helps with the eye area.
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Eyeliss Reply with quote

SageRave wrote:
Whisper9999 wrote:

Are you buying the Canadian version of preparation H? The USA version doesn't have the formula that helps with the eye area.

Please tell me more as I have no idea what you're referring to. I am buying it in the USA. Why is the Canadian formulation better?
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:
Doesn't matter where you buy it (I would go with the cheapest site), you will have to add the concentrate to your base cream in proportion so that eyeliss is 3% of the final formula.

You could try that for a few months. The result (if any) would be sublte and hard to detect, so the best thing to do is to try it on only one eye, and use only the base cream on the other eye. Assuming your eyes are equally baggy, that will really help you determine if that active does something (an please tell us).

Topical actives are in general weak and results at at most 'modest'. If you don't observe any improvement of the treated eye, probably you should talk to a good plastic surgeon. If your eyes are constantly puffy, not only in the morning, probably your have fat accumulation there which could be resolved with a fat dissolving microinjections. The skin texture could be improved by skin resurfacing laser or plasma skin resurfacing. Last but not least, you could have the bags operated.

What?? Those bags could be fat?? That explains why nothing much seems to help...
sheellah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isomers makes a serum called R Pur for eyes. It has a loyal following and it's supposed to be really excellent. They only bring it out twice a year and it's available now on shopnbc. It's supposed to help reduce the fat pads under the eyes in about 50 days. You can read the rave reviews on the forum at isomers.ca, the QVC beauty board, and on shopnbc.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No current topical can melt fat or add fat and that is what's required to 'reduce the look of eye bags'. The Isomers serum is some herbs, a little soy and some peptides, in short overpriced garbage. What can you expect from cosmetics company ....
sheellah

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you make such an ill informed, erroneous, not to mention mean spirited remark, you should know your facts. The serum contains Phosphatidylcholine. Here's an abbreviated abstract on it:

Phosphatidylcholine in the treatment of localized fat
Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, Oct, 2003 by Doris Hexsel, Marcio Serra, Rosemari Mazzuco, Taciana Dal'Forno, Debora Zechmeister

Abstract

Phosphatidylcholine was initially used in emergencies and in the treatment of atheroma plaques in cardiac diseases. Recently, it has also been used in the treatment of localized fat deposits. We report on the authors' clinical experience of the use of 250 mg/ml phosphatidylcholine injections in the treatment of subcutaneous fat deposits, showing the clinical response and side-effects. Volunteers received phosphatidylcholine injections in several areas of localized fat deposits, with a minimum interval of one week and mean interval of 15 days between applications. Laboratory tests were performed during the period of the drug use. Clinical results reflect that phosphatidylcholine was efficacious in reducing the fatty pads in the treated areas, with few side effects. From the authors' point of view, the off-label use of phosphatidylcholine in the treatment of fatty pads and small areas of localized fat is safe, low cost, and effective.

While it's not injected, it does penetrate the skin, and women have had very good results with it! Some topicals with peptides such as copper do increase the fat in the skin causing it to thicken. There are also several body creams on the market that do help get rid of localized fat deposits. Can't recall the name, but it starts with an A. Body builders use something called "cutting" creams to help reduce the superfical fat layer over their muscles before a competition.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've ever read actual medical research articles, you would have known that the actual active agent in phosphatidylcholine injections is still under question because those injections ALWAYS contain detergent. There were injections only with the detergent and they produce the same effect. Also, the action of those injections is not specific to fat cells but dissolves any cell in the way.

That shows that if the Isomers overpriced garbage really worked, then it would dissolve everything, fat muscle fibroblasts etc. Luckily that's not the case, it's simply put a good moisturizer that plumps up the are due to the hyaluronic acid.
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:
If you've ever read actual medical research articles, you would have known that the actual active agent in phosphatidylcholine injections is still under question because those injections ALWAYS contain detergent. There were injections only with the detergent and they produce the same effect. Also, the action of those injections is not specific to fat cells but dissolves any cell in the way.

That shows that if the Isomers overpriced garbage really worked, then it would dissolve everything, fat muscle fibroblasts etc. Luckily that's not the case, it's simply put a good moisturizer that plumps up the are due to the hyaluronic acid.

You got me curious with that one: detergents remove fat? I know, of course, that they will remove fat from a non-sticky surface and, well, I guess that's somewhat the case under the eye, then? Then why don't we use detergents? (Forgive my ignorance.)
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phospatidylcholine injections were used under the eyes to remove fat bags. The problem is that in 80% of the cases the 'bags' are actually caused by depletion of fat in the region especially in the tear trough - that's why injecting fillers under the eyes like Hyaluronic acid 'removes' the bags.

Second, you can't assume that just applying a cream with detergent will resolve the fat below the skin. There are many creams containing Sodium Lauryl Sulphate - a well known strong detergent - just to emulsify the cream, yet none of those ever melted subcutaneous fat.
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:
Phospatidylcholine injections were used under the eyes to remove fat bags. The problem is that in 80% of the cases the 'bags' are actually caused by depletion of fat in the region especially in the tear trough - that's why injecting fillers under the eyes like Hyaluronic acid 'removes' the bags.

Second, you can't assume that just applying a cream with detergent will resolve the fat below the skin. There are many creams containing Sodium Lauryl Sulphate - a well known strong detergent - just to emulsify the cream, yet none of those ever melted subcutaneous fat.

Gotcha. I think I understand now. I'm not surprised as I know people would probably bathe in the stuff if it really disolved fat. :)
jamie555

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:

I love this idea...I have often thought I would do the same type of test with new products, but I always chicken out for fear that the difference will actually be noticeable and people will look at me weirdly! :D

Maybe we should all pool our money and hire some testers to do half face testing of all the brands that we are interested in? :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: