Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

What Age?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HorsePlay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: What Age? Reply with quote

At what age is it appropriate to start using eye creams?
My mom says at my age (18) I should not be worrying about it. But I figure we are aging everyday and why not start early? Why wait until I'm older dealing with wrinkes etc.?
Jouke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At your age the best thing you can do is stay out of the sun and protect your skin (including around your eyes) with at least a moisturizer with SPF15!!
I wish someone had told mé when I was 18!

In my opinion no special eye cream is needed, unless the skin of your face is totally different from the skin around your eyes.

Good luck!
Jouke

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jouke wrote:
In my opinion no special eye cream is needed, unless the skin of your face is totally different from the skin around your eyes.

Okay, I just read you're using anti-acne creams. So probabily you're not using an ordinary moisturizer for your face. Still I think you'd better buy a moisturizer for your eyes since special eye creams are so much more expensive! It really is a marketing trick to let you think you need them.
The moisturizer you can also use for your neck for example.
jessica9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 is actually a fine age to start using an eye cream. what is the harm? the eye area doesn't produce oil like the rest of the face and makes repetitive movements that lead to wrinkles. i started using my mom's eye cream in high school and i'm about to turn 27 and it certainly didn't HURT! actually...bobbi brown the makeup artist, in her book on teen beauty recommends late teens use an eyecream.

jouke is partially right about the gimmicks involved in making creams for specialized areas of the face. neck cream? come on! but eye cream in most cases is serously differently formulated. one thing, you can use something more moisturizing on your eye area than on the rest of your face usually because you don't need to worry about breaking out in the eye area. second, regular moisturizers can give you millia (those little whitish bumps people get under their eyes). they are difficult to get rid of, so your best bet is using something specially for the eye area always, regardless of skintype. i don't know what to recommend. at your age, you don't need anything specialized. just make sure when you apply, to apply using your ring or pinky finger and pat it on. keep it in mind when applying makeup as well. don't tug on your eye area. don't rub your eyes - good habits to get into.
Skeeter42

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed at the lack of talk about using a pair of quality sunglasses for
protection of not only your eyes, but the skin around them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Eye Area Skin Care All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: