Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

how to chose a dermatologist?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newskin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: how to chose a dermatologist? Reply with quote

This is my story. I went to dermatologist#1 and gave me hydroquinone and retin-A to help me with light sunburn brown areas on my face. The hydroquinone made my problem worse. I have brown skin. My friend recommended two dermatologist. And, I need to decide.

Dermatologist #2 - gave me a light peel and told me to use exfoliating cream at night (vivite night renewal) and vitimin C (phloretin cf) during the day. She recommended to do a series of light peels.

Dermatlogist #3 (specializes in ethnic dermatologist)- told me to do a series of glycolic acid peels (same as derm#2), and to apply finacea (azelaic acid) at night to help me with my brown spots.

I'm undecided between dermatologist #2 and #3. And, I'd like to know any opinions about the treatments that each recomended. Which treatments seems better for my problem? Thanks a lot.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For brown spots due to melanin, IPL is the fastest solution. Find someone that specializes in treating brown spots.

If your 'brown spots' have big area it maybe melasma.
newskin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: thanks orangehrzn, my only problem with IPL Reply with quote

is that is a high risk procedure for my brown skin color. Both dermatologist strongly objected about it. So far, I don't have a diagnosis about what is my problem. I developed brown spots as a result of using hydroquinone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: