Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Please help, copper peptide damage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LHN123

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: it's working Reply with quote

thanks you guys, it's working. I'm putting on cortisone which is a little irritating but not bad and 45 minutes later washing it off, then applying the avo oil. I really like the avo oil, seems to absorb well and it is soothing.

The swelling is going down, texture is gradually looking better. At this rate I think I might be able to start using matryxl in a week or less. Last night my face still hurt and felt very fragile & weird, today I barely notice it.

:D :D :D
yogagirl

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Lynn! That sounds very hopeful! I got avo oil today at Whole Foods & used it before bed! It is very soothing & does absorb very nicely! I didn't know you were supposed to wash cortisone off? I just left it on & then used my jojoba afterwards??? Lucky it didn't bother me!
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of funny when you say it 'absorbs very well'. It doesn't in my case. It stays on skin all night, in the morning it's mostly on my pillow, small part in my hair, small part still remaining on the skin so I wash it off with water.

Did you get the purified amber color avocado oil, not the wattery greenish one with chlorophil in it?
yogagirl

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it is the purified one, although it doesn't say on the label - but it is golden color - not amber, but definitely no green in it at all. It also has vitamin E too. When I first put it on, it felt pretty thick & I thought "Uh-oh!" But within like maybe 5 minutes my skin had sucked it right up! It made my face feel super soft - like a baby's bottom! :D I really like how my skin feels after. I tried using apricot oil before, but it broke me out, so I went back to jojoba, which has been my HG! I know everyone loves Emu oil, but I just can't bring myself to even try it!!! LOL! Hopefully I won't have any breakouts from the avocado oil - I really like it so far...

orangehrzn wrote:
It's kind of funny when you say it 'absorbs very well'. It doesn't in my case. It stays on skin all night, in the morning it's mostly on my pillow, small part in my hair, small part still remaining on the skin so I wash it off with water.

Did you get the purified amber color avocado oil, not the wattery greenish one with chlorophil in it?
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both the yellow and the greenish avocado oils remain shiny for me which is an indicator they are not absorbed. I guess the shine depends how much you put on. If I run my hand on my face, my hand gets oily which is another test the oil is still at the surface.
LHN123

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just washed off the cortisone because the cream was thick and it was a little irritating. I had some 2.5% rx stuff in the med cabinet, and only used it 4 days, skipping one. It worked, thanks sooo much. I'm starting to use matryxl now and no problem with it. I think my face is still healing but I don't notice irritation anymore, starting today.

The avo oil absorbed fairly well if I had just washed my face and used just a little bit. When I used a lot I did break out with a few small pimples but no big deal. I have to blot oil off my face with every moisturizer anyway- very oily skin. It's nice stuff. When I have more time I'll look on the board for info on making a matryxl serum & try to incorporate a tiny bit.

VERY nice in salad dressing too :) But pretty expensive for that, lol.

Emu oil... you know, people used to use goose grease. Doesn't sound as appealing, but maybe it would do the same thing... Has a weird slick texture and absorbs into meats more than chicken fat when cooking. I think I might have some way down in the bottom of my freezer somewhere... Maybe one of these days I'll compare.
yogagirl

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Lynn! That's great news! I'm sure your skin will just keep getting better & better! :D I have been using the avo oil every day since this past weekend & I must say I am really liking it. It is heavy & leaves my face feeling "coated" sort of the way glycerin feels on my skin. But as of yet it hasn't caused any breakouts for me (fingers crossed!). So funny about the goose grease! I never heard of that! For the cortizone, I used the OTC strength, and it was a gel. I think it was maybe 0.5%??? But it still worked really well. Glad that your skin is on the mend!!!

LHN123 wrote:
I just washed off the cortisone because the cream was thick and it was a little irritating. I had some 2.5% rx stuff in the med cabinet, and only used it 4 days, skipping one. It worked, thanks sooo much. I'm starting to use matryxl now and no problem with it. I think my face is still healing but I don't notice irritation anymore, starting today.

The avo oil absorbed fairly well if I had just washed my face and used just a little bit. When I used a lot I did break out with a few small pimples but no big deal. I have to blot oil off my face with every moisturizer anyway- very oily skin. It's nice stuff. When I have more time I'll look on the board for info on making a matryxl serum & try to incorporate a tiny bit.

VERY nice in salad dressing too :) But pretty expensive for that, lol.

Emu oil... you know, people used to use goose grease. Doesn't sound as appealing, but maybe it would do the same thing... Has a weird slick texture and absorbs into meats more than chicken fat when cooking. I think I might have some way down in the bottom of my freezer somewhere... Maybe one of these days I'll compare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: