Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Green tea extract color concern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
farawayspices

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Green tea extract color concern Reply with quote

Hi Dr. Todorov,
I have a green tea extract that is brownish in color - does that mean it is oxidized, or would that be an acceptable color given the color of the botanical? Also, you suggested to me in another thread that this should not be mixed with a sunscreen. I'm using a zinc/titanium dioxide sunscreen - since these are physical blockers, would this be problem?
Thanks for your expertise...
Igor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Green tea extract color concern Reply with quote

farawayspices wrote:
Hi Dr. Todorov,
Also, you suggested to me in another thread that this should not be mixed with a sunscreen. I'm using a zinc/titanium dioxide sunscreen - since these are physical blockers, would this be problem?

I would believe that calculating, or rather foreseeing, what would and would not affect the sun blocking efficiency of your sunscreen is rather hard. However, if I'm not mistaken, the SPF is only valid for the sunscreen in its unmodified version - meaning with the original ingredients and their respective concentrations. So if you modify the product, by introducing another ingredient, you'll need to redo the SPF test.

My common sense tells me not to meddle with sunscreens. I feel that they are regulated by the FDA as an OTC-drug for a reason - and not everything (read health) can be bought. As this is only my opinion feel free to do with it whatever you want. And good luck!

Cheers!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case, protection via sunscreens is usually imperfect. It is best to avoid sun exposure to you facial skin anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Antioxidants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: