Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

fillers for $500+ PER LINE?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Injectable Dermal Fillers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jessica9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: fillers for $500+ PER LINE?!?! Reply with quote

I just read an aticle on WebMD that said that injectibles cost from 500 per line! I was under the impression that you could have BOTH nasolabial lines taken care of for about 500 dollars. What is your experience with these procedures and price? I saw in the review section that people list a price, but no one has mentioned that I saw per line, the cost was 500+.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The price is usually per CC injected, so it often depends on how much material is required to treat a particular line.
jessica9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so in other words, the information is incorrect. i had always read the pricing is per cc. so does it logically follow that the deeper the line, the more filler is required for the line, equalling further expense? or is that what the different filler sizes are for? but with increased size of the "bead", we'll call it, comes added expense as well. is this correct? thank you.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the filler, size of the bead may or may not affect the price per CC. Larger beads do not necessarily mean more polymer per CC.
Guessgirl96

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That information is somewhat correct. The price is per syringe and ranges from about $400-700, so they were using $500 as a ballpark estimate. Juvederm has .8cc per syringe and restylane has 1.1 cc. 1 syringe may be enough for some people for both lines, but I think on average people need more than that. Unfortunately if you only need one and a half, you have to pay for 2. Some surgeons may save the rest but most to do because of contamination risks. I need 1 syrings in one of my nasolabial folds, 1.5 in the other and 1 more in my lips so I pay for 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Injectable Dermal Fillers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: