Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Dr. Todorav Vit. E Mixed tocopherol versus Gamma Tocopherol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shingala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Dr. Todorav Vit. E Mixed tocopherol versus Gamma Tocopherol Reply with quote

Dr. Todorav,
I am a an athlete and do many sports like tennis, swimming, running, and weightlifting. Should I be taking 400 IU of vitamine E? I am not worried about price. Which one is better for me to get NATURAL E-400 I.U. MIXED TOCOPHEROLS or 100% NATURAL HIGH GAMMA TOCOPHEROL. I am confused about which product is better. If you recommend the 100% NATURAL HIGH GAMMA TOCOPHEROL should I be taking 400 mg instead of 200 mg. Which is the best vitamin E on the market today. I do not mean brand but which form. Thank you.

Sunil
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, it is better to get your antioxdiants from food rather than supplements. But if one were to take a vitamin E supplement, mixed tocopherols are better. In fact it is probably best to have a mix of both tocopherols + tocotrienols. There is not enough data to say what exact mix is optimal. Sorry, I do not track individual brands.

Last edited by drtodorov on Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
shingala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Thank you Dr. Todorav Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply Dr. Todorav.Your reply was helpful.

Sunil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Antioxidants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: