Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Why on earth use tretinoin when you can use CE+Ferulic Acid?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Retinoids / Vitamin A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
You are right that some of their measures are subjective but biopsies and especially mRNA staining are reasonably objective and they do indicate at least some increase in collagen.

My problem with the 'increase of collagen' is that increase means nothing untill it is compared to a sensible reference point which is relevant for wrinkle erasure/skin rejuvenation. I'm pretty sure a facial scrub increases collagen but the increase is insignificant for wrinkle reduction. So a demonstration something increases collagen and measuring by how much is not informative unless it is shown to what degree the increase is significant for rejuvenation.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can speculate about the mechanism but what's really needed is more studies to further corroborate or refute this one.
Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you were to rub the Tretinoin directly into your scalp, I can't see what possible effect it would have on hair growth... good or bad!
wannerce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - i am debating between trying Retin-A 0.25% cream or Retin-A Micro 0.04% gel....can anyone recommend or advise me as to which is more potent?

I am currently using Skinceuticals 0.05% every other night, alternating with Skinceuticals' Re-Texturizing Activator (said to be as effective as a 20% glycolic, without any side effects).

Would love any input or suggestions based on these two formulations!

Thanks!
Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I've been buying a generic called Retino-A .050%, and then diluting it down to .025% myself. It's much cheaper that way! Also, I can dilute it with Oat Beta Glucan, which helps to off-set irritation. Some people use Liquorice Extract or Shea Butter to off-set irritation.

Last edited by Virgo on Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannerce wrote:
Hi - i am debating between trying Retin-A 0.25% cream or Retin-A Micro 0.04% gel....can anyone recommend or advise me as to which is more potent?

I don't think there is Retin-A 0.25% strength, there is Retin-A 0.025% cream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Retinoids / Vitamin A All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: