Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Aveeno Original Formula

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Aveeno Original Formula Reply with quote

How do you know if it's the original one. I'm in the UK and I was looking at Aveeno Cream.

It has: Aqua, glycerin, isopropyl palmitate, paraffinium liquidum, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, avena sativa (oat) kernel flour, allantoin, paraffin, stearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, sodium chloride, benzyl alcohol.

Does anyone know if this is the original one?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original one has fewer ingredients and avena sativa (oat) is the first one.
GGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply.

Do you know if, or where, it's sold anymore? I've been looking all over and I can't find it. :? With me being in the UK maybe it isn't as available here.

Makes me wonder about Cetaphil too, if it's the same ingredients here as it is in the US.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seem to be the original one
amazon.com/Aveeno-Moisturizing-Natural-Colloidal-Oatmeal/dp/B00005375C

This seems to be the closest to it sold in UK
amazon.co.uk/Aveeno-Daily-Moisturising-Lotion-200ml/dp/B001A3AAFG/
GGirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I did see that one, but wasn't sure if it was the right one, or if it was a body lotion. I'm still confused about the ingredients though, it doesn't list avena sativa as first, is there a difference to the way it's listed in the UK?

For Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion:

Aqua, glycerin, distearyldimonium chloride, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, avena sativa, benzyl alcohol, sodium chloride.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for a base cream, there are many other options you can try.
GGirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I was looking for a simple, but effective moisturiser. Perhaps, my sunscreen will be enough? It's just that my skin is crazy. Through out a month it will go from oily, to dry and tight, with acne and flakiness coming and going through out - without using any products. I just didn't want to overload my skin as it seems sensitive.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GGirl wrote:
Thanks, I did see that one, but wasn't sure if it was the right one, or if it was a body lotion. I'm still confused about the ingredients though, it doesn't list avena sativa as first, is there a difference to the way it's listed in the UK?

I am not sure -- I do not know the UK regulations on how the ingredients are listed. One option is to give it a try and see how long-lasting it is. Another one is to make your own moisturizer, say, with oats beta-glucan and hyaluronic acid (see DIY infopack). You can also try Sodium PCA spray if it is available in the UK.
GGirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard there was a different ordering (of ingredients) but unsure. I'll have to look into it again to find the details.

Thanks for that suggestion. Is it Twinlabs NaPCA Spray or do you mean just any PCA Spray? I'm going to look it up online - have a feeling that'll be easier than looking in shops.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any decent Na PCA spray should do. But I only tried the Twinlabs NaPCA Spray, which is simple and inexpensive. In the US, it is sold on amazon.
GGirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
Any decent Na PCA spray should do. But I only tried the Twinlabs NaPCA Spray, which is simple and inexpensive. In the US, it is sold on amazon.

That's good to know, thanks. I hope they start selling it here. I bought a moisturiser with Sodium PCA in it, didn't want to rely too much on having to order everything - been waiting weeks for the last thing I ordered. :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: