Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

matrixyl / DIY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lisa

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: matrixyl / DIY Reply with quote

would like to maybe order matrixyl to DIY . is freshness a major factor with matrixyl ?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never find any data on its stability, but generally peptides are only moderately stable in water solution -- they undergo hydrolysis. If the stock solution has water, long-term stability would be a concern. Or does it come in pure glycerin or other unhydrous vehicle?
yogagirl

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PErsonal Formulator sells MAtrixyl. The ingredients from their website are:
Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Aqua, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20 (and) Palmitoyl-Pentapeptide 3
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same ingredients are posted in something that looks like the original Sederma report - the manifacturer of Matrixyl:

http://www.evotique.com/matrixyl.pdf
cjdavis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="drtodorov"]I could never find any data on its stability, but generally peptides are only moderately stable in water solution -- they undergo hydrolysis. quote]
Indeed, amino acid di and tri peptide bonds are meant to break apart in liquids because this serves a biological need. I wonder how stable the PF product is as well but the main ingredient is glycerin so it may be okay…
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but the question is what happens after Matrixyl has been absorbed ? Doesn't it get broken down or hydrolized?

If that is the case, getting hydrolized before absorbtion doesn't seem to make any difference ...
cjdavis

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangehrzn wrote:
Yeah but the question is what happens after Matrixyl has been absorbed ? Doesn't it get broken down or hydrolized?

If that is the case, getting hydrolized before absorbtion doesn't seem to make any difference ...

My understanding is that the amino acids are in a specific sequence that has been proven to stimulate collagen I an IV, using the free forms of the amino acids probably won’t work. Additionally if the lipophillic attachment (the palmitic acid) is detached from the amino acid peptide, absorption into the dermis would be impaired.
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does hydrolysis occur only in free water?

What about in a gel that contains water? I am not sure if the water in the gel is bound in some way to the polymer molecules thus preventing it from hydrolizing anything?

What about a cream that contains water? Can it hydrolize Matrixyl? You know that the main ingredient in most creams is water, moreover looking at the Sederma formulations for Matrixyl creams, they contain about 70% water :

http://www.sederma.fr/Formulations/MATRIXYL%20_formulations.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: