Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Potential Base Cream / Moisturiser?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Potential Base Cream / Moisturiser? Reply with quote

I've been looking into a new moisturiser that doesn't have panthenol or any pro-ageing ingredients in it. It reminded me of a cream I was told to use by a doctor one time when I had a rash. It's very cheap and I believe given to a lot of people with skin problems as its one of those 'basic' moisturisers that are unlikely to elicit a reaction.

Would you be able to review the ingredients and tell me if there's anything of note in there?

----
Product Information/benefits
Is made to the Australian Pharmaceutical Formulary (APF) dermatological standard.
Using Skin Basics Sorbolene Cream everyday helps re-establish the natural moisture-loss barrier on your skin.
Recommended for the treatment and long lasting protection against many causes of dry skin.
Hypoallergenic and pH balanced - suitable for sensitive skin.
Non-greasy, fast absorbing
Free of colour, perfume, lanolin

Product Uses
*Dry Skin
*Sensitive Skin
*Normal Skin
*Winter itch
*Dermatalogical Conditions-(eg. eczema, dermatitus)

Directions (How to use)
-Cleansing: Apply the cream and gently massage in a circular motion. Washing off with water.
-Moisturising: Liberally apply lotion to dry or affected areas and massage lightly. Reapply several times a day.

Ingredients
Purified Water, Paraffin Light Liquid, Paraffin Soft white, Cetomacrogol 1000, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Hydroxybenzoate, Propyl Hydroxybenzoate.
----

It also comes in several different formulations:

Gentle moisturisers available:

Skin Basics Sorbolene Cream
Skin Basics Sorbolene Cream with 10% Glycerine
Skin Basics Sorbolene Lotion with 10% Glycerine & Aloe Vera
Skin Basics Sorbolene Lotion with 10% Glycerine & Vitamin E

Unfortunately I couldn't find specific ingredients for the others. Though they are commonly found in chemists.
----

What's your take on this? Is it a good basic moisturiser? Would it be bad for acne prone skin? Would it be a potential base cream for DIY skincare?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is mainly paraffin-based emulsion, probably best suitable for really dry skin.
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
This is mainly paraffin-based emulsion, probably best suitable for really dry skin.

Damn, ok I'll keep looking thanks. Appreciate the feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: