Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Avatone - any reviews?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Avatone - any reviews? Reply with quote

I have read a number of reviews of Avatone and they tend to be uniformly positive. This site is one of the few that has a negtive review. Is there any more feedback on this product that anyone could let me know?
cjdavis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avotone is one of many emerging products that contain a 10% solution of Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (Argireline) with other inactive ingredients. Please see Dr. Todorov's review of argireline on this site. IMHO there are cheaper and better argireline containing products out there. Avotone has the clinically studied 10% concentration, while other products have 20% for less $ Additionally, there are products with the argireline AND palmitoyl pentapeptide (the active ingredient in strivectin and numerous other products) that are cheaper as well. If you are going to purchase a product with argireline in it why not buy one that has palmitoyl pentapeptide in it as well, especially when it is cheaper.
I know you were asking a simple question but I just want to throw this out there for everybody. It is important as objective and educated consumers to realize that despite all of the hype and advertising for skin care products, they all are comprised of active ingredients with known pharmacological activity that either have or do not have scientific support for efficacy. Once you look at the label to see what the active ingredients are, try to find out in what amounts they are in (i.e. what percentage in the solution) and then come to this website and do a search for the ingredients and see if they have been validated with scientific trials or solid empirical or anecdotal evidence. Realize a majority of the companies buy these chemicals from the same outlets and often times have very similar formulation and it is unlikely, in my opinion, that there is significant gradations in efficacy between several products that have the same amounts of active ingredients. Once in a while you will see some companies that use patented or proprietary herbal complexes that are impossible to elucidate the effectiveness of because they own the patent and are the only company that produces a product with that particular ingredient in it. Then you have to try determine the theoretical pharmacological mechanism of action of the chemical and make an educated guess based upon the mechanism of action and possibly customer feedback and purchasing rates. For the later part of the equation, posting questions here is a great way to get some good info to help one on their search.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Avatone - any reviews? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I have read a number of reviews of Avatone and they tend to be uniformly positive. This site is one of the few that has a negtive review. Is there any more feedback on this product that anyone could let me know?

Many sites, especially those that sell products, post reviews selectively, ommitting the negative ones. My policy is too post all reviews people submit, except those which I think are submitted by sales reps. As a result, SmartSkinCare.com has far higher percentage of negative reviews than most other sites.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: