Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Argirline *NOT* safe? uh oh, .........look!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claire63

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cellularskinrx.com/abstracts/intl_jn_cosmetic.html
This site has this abstract up. I think you can find the journal itself online as well. I have used Relax-A-Line with AH3 for almost two years now. No sagging, no problems. I do use it only on wrinkles that are caused my expressions/muscle contractions. I have never used it over my whole face. I mean, why would I want my cheeks to relax? Know what I mean? There have been a couple of people who consistently tell these horror stories about argeriline but I think they have other problems that don't have to do with argeriline. So many use products with it as an ingredient, if all the sagging hysteria was true, you'd be seeing much more mention of it in the mainstream media - not just on a few message boards. That's just my 2 cents though.

If you are looking for a powerful muscle relaxer that doesn't use argeriline, look at the Cellular Skin Rx Relax Plus Vialox. The Vialox is stronger than AH3 and it works better on my "11" lines between my eyebrows.
thereza bizarre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a 34 year old healthy woman from northern ireland.
i used relax aderm by skin doctors a year and a half ago, to my detriment!.
over a period of six weeks my forhead eyelid and brow drooped a considerable one centimetre a little over in fact. as when i first noticed the droop i decided to measure....
the result has not reversed i'm afraid.. my husband nearly died as he saw the change happen... i used it for one line in my forehead that had started to appear, and stupidly i decided to use it on my whole fore head and eye area thinking i would get further benefit.

I Was an attractive woman but this has destroyed my forehead!! no lie or exaggeration it has! and i now have secondary problems with wrinkles. i had stunning skin before not a blemish in sight. i looked after my skin perfectly' and this has ruined how i look. and there is nothing wrong with me no underlying problems etc.. i have had a battery of tests and argireline has been found in my system..

I am going to try either CACI to try to put this right, but my doctor says surgery is now truely the only option, an endoscopic brow lift and at at my age too, my fore head was tight firm and lifted before, i was stupid and now am old looking and knackered looking,because of the extent of this damage and i can tell you that when i stand under over head lighting it looks like i have brow bossing and my eyes look terribly miss shapen, and the light does not catch there anymore, dark shadow (as in light etc not actual skin tone) the way a mans would look if ya know what i mean? but when you lift the skin in these conditions you see how it should look..

I am going to try DMEA products as they do seem to have a good affect on the underlying facial muscles .

there you have it...maybe i was irresponsible using it all over my forehead and eye skin!, but i was not know as there is very little info to help. i would sue skin doctors if i had enough money quite frankly.
IRISHGER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Argirline Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
Quote:
is it safe, is my question? If I use it around my eyes?

I can't tell you for sure if it is safe around the eyes or elsewhere because there is no safety data I can rely upon. I didn't see any feedback from people reporting any major adverse reactions, but this is a new product, so lack of negative feedback does not mean lack of adverse reactions.

Quote:
BTW, argirline is under "popular but unproven topical treatments" on that site, but I've been using it for a week now and have seen MAJOR improvements!

"Unproven" in this context does not necessarily mean "proven ineffective", it only means that there are no sufficient studies showing it's effectiveness. For some products, many studies were conducted and none showed effectiveness. For others, like argeriline, no or very few studies have been done. Perhaps when such studies are done, they will show effectiveness of argeriline.

Ive used argirline and a line ive had on my upper lip is completly gone,
its reclaim products its only 10% Argirline but brillent
jamesherried

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is Paula Begoun's opinion regarding acetyl hexapeptide-3, from her website cosmeticscop. Of course, this is just her opinion, based upon her current level awareness.

acetyl-hexapeptide-3: Synthetically derived peptide used in a wide range of skin-care and makeup products, especially those claiming to have a muscle-relaxing effect similar to Botox injections. These claims typically have to do with relaxing muscle contractions when making facial expressions, thus reducing the appearance of expression lines. The company that sells acetyl hexapeptide-3 (trade name Argireline), Centerchem, is based in Spain. According to their Web site, “Argireline works through a unique mechanism which relaxes facial tension leading to a reduction in superficial facial lines and wrinkles with regular use. Argireline has been shown to moderate excessive catecholamines release.” The truth of this claim about the effects of topical application of Argireline is based only on information from Centerchem; there is no published research substantiating any use of Argireline topically on skin.

Catecholamines are compounds in the body that serve as neurotransmitters such as epinephrine, adrenaline, and dopamine. Epinephrine prepares the body to handle emergencies such as cold, fatigue, and shock. A deficiency of dopamine in the brain is responsible for the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. These actions are not something you want a cosmetic to inhibit or reduce.

If acetyl hexapeptide-3 really worked to relax facial muscles, it would work all over the face (assuming you’re using the products as directed). If all the muscles in your face were relaxed you’d have sagging, not youthful, skin, not to mention that it also would affect your hand (you apply it with your fingers), which would prevent you from picking up a cup or holding the steering wheel of your car. Despite all the fear about Botox that is espoused by companies featuring this peptide in their “works like Botox” products, there is considerably more efficacy, usage, and safety documentation available for Botox.

Despite the claims made for acetyl hexapeptide-3 (Argireline), there is a clinical study that shows that this ingredient is not even remotely as effective as Botox in reducing wrinkles (Source: International Journal of Cosmetic Science, October 2002). It is also interesting to note that even Botox when applied topically on skin has no impact on the skin or muscles in any way shape or form! (Source: Cosmetic Dermatology, July 2005, pages 521–524.) See peptide.
LunaSea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to know if there are any newer studies on this and have compinies lowered the % of argiraline to acceptable levels if there are any acceptable and safe levels? drtodorov
Thanks
LS
SuzannaKi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:56 am    Post subject: GCDob3Ff Reply with quote

Currently herbal legal smoking buds renowned which Room Entrepreneurship Staff Exceeds Baton.Bless you We appreciate your discussing! Terrific helpful tips. I'm not much of a legitimate giant fanatic from workforce passes by, however looks to be successful. Excellent! That is a intriguing also vital space-related marketer opportunities that could experience some benefits the particular. Helpful information! May likely this valuable bring america a new advice at a later time. Great! Significant space-related business owner venture that would oftentimes transport pray and know-how towards human being individual race. Hi all, exactly turned conscious that your blog post by using Google, and discovered that it really is very good. I'll be aware for ones city. We'll delight in must you continue the at a later time. Many is likely to be reaped the benefit in the publishing. That could be just the thing for others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: