Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Retinoid Receptors - Tretinoin, Isotretinoin, Tazoratene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Retinoid Receptors - Tretinoin, Isotretinoin, Tazoratene Reply with quote

Hi Dr T,

I've read in other parts of the web, in addition to your own articles here, that different topical retinoids attack different retinoid receptors and different retinoid receptors at different strengths.

My understanding is there are three retinoid receptors: alpha, beta, gamma.

Tazoratene so far seems to lack studies looking at its effects, and the one cited in your article was likely quite biased. In any case I believe it doesn't bind/attach/attack all three receptors. If my memory serves me right it only his the alpha and beta receptors.

Isotretinoin I don't know about.

Tretinoin I'm told does bind to all three.

Could you please clarify the implications of this? What are the roles of these receptors in skin ageing? Have studies looked at how strongly these variants bind to the receptors, if so, how do they compare?

I'm VERY curious to know what your response to this would be.
LoveBuzz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on this too, it would seem Tretinoin is the best topical retinoid simply because it's binding to all three receptors. It's also the most studied. Would you not agree with this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: