Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Wrinkle cure versus cover-up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Wrinkle cure versus cover-up? Reply with quote

Hello all, I have developed wrinkles on my forehead and also lines on my neck. Iíve been using Olay Age Defying 2-In-1 Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream + Serum and it works okay as a temporary cover-up but as soon as I wash it off at night the wrinkles are back, as many and as deep as ever. So Iím seeking recommendations on products that actually cure wrinkles or at least make them go away for more than just a few hours while the product is on, etc. Hyaluronic Acid seems to work for some people, wondering if anyone here has used it and would recommend or avoid? Have also read that Retinol is effective, and I mean the over-the-counter stuff not the prescription strength Retin-A, though Iíve also read that it causes skin cells to slough or peel off and since Iíd be applying it to forehead wrinkles Iím concerned that it may cause hair loss. So Iím wondering if anyone has used a Retinol product and what your experiences are? There are lots of products out there (Vitamin C, glycolic acid, etc) and every product write-up claims it is the best stuff in the history of stuff so Iím grateful in advance for any and all advice. Thanks!
JON41018

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really struggled with sun damage and tried several brands to repair my skin. Nothing worked. I was introduced to Rodan and Fields by a friend. The rep recommended the Reverse regimen and after 6 weeks, I could really tell a difference. Maybe she can help you.

jhall9901.myrandf.com
bohemianrox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wrinkle cure versus cover-up? Reply with quote

ckay wrote:
Hello all, I have developed wrinkles on my forehead and also lines on my neck. Iíve been using Olay Age Defying 2-In-1 Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream + Serum and it works okay as a temporary cover-up but as soon as I wash it off at night the wrinkles are back, as many and as deep as ever. So Iím seeking recommendations on products that actually cure wrinkles or at least make them go away for more than just a few hours while the product is on, etc. Hyaluronic Acid seems to work for some people, wondering if anyone here has used it and would recommend or avoid? Have also read that Retinol is effective, and I mean the over-the-counter stuff not the prescription strength Retin-A, though Iíve also read that it causes skin cells to slough or peel off and since Iíd be applying it to forehead wrinkles Iím concerned that it may cause hair loss. So Iím wondering if anyone has used a Retinol product and what your experiences are? There are lots of products out there (Vitamin C, glycolic acid, etc) and every product write-up claims it is the best stuff in the history of stuff so Iím grateful in advance for any and all advice. Thanks!

You don't say what your age is...and that's important. You're also on a good site to research ingredients and learn something about what they can do. It's best to have a little knowledge about what you're doing and not just blindly following someone else's protocol.

Almost everything that can help you takes some time. Cell turnover and stimulating collagen usually takes different procedures and ingredients to all work together.
There's no one thing.

Retin-a, Vitamin C serum (of at least 10-20%) and AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) are all scientifically proven. If you can't do retin-a than find a decent retinol. Glycolic or lactic acid peels are good but don't overdo them. Also TCA peels and definitely don't overdo them.

There are various antioxidants, peptides (amino acids) to look for that are too numerous to mention and you need to learn to recognize them as they don't always announce themselves as such.
There are things like Hyaluronic Acid and green tea that are good additions to skincare serums....but honestly, you need to gain some knowledge to learn the full scope.
Fine lines can be alleviated with the right procedures. Deeper lines (expression lines) can be minimized even without injections.

Lines are the result of either and or expression, thinning skin (usually aging but can be genetic or from damage), sun damage and sag (from the loss and migration of subcutaneous facial fat) along with some bone loss. As we age collagen and elastin are not as resilient and need to be stimulated..

You may want to find out more about dermarolling, micro current, red light therapy, laser and radio frequency, face exercises. All of these can be at home procedures.

If you are very young than you may be overreacting so take everything very slow. I've seen a lot of young adults going overboard these days if their faces aren't as resilient and blank as an infants. If you don't have a true problem you can easily make things worse.
A safe bet is retinoids and Vitamin C serums...and always use sun screen.

If you're not so young you need to learn about what different things can do for your skin.
It helps you to know what to do and what to look for and when to do it.
It also helps you to be less a victim of hype.
ckay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JON41018 wrote:
I really struggled with sun damage and tried several brands to repair my skin. Nothing worked. I was introduced to Rodan and Fields by a friend. The rep recommended the Reverse regimen and after 6 weeks, I could really tell a difference. Maybe she can help you.

jhall9901.myrandf.com

Thanks!
ckay

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wrinkle cure versus cover-up? Reply with quote

bohemianrox wrote:
ckay wrote:

You don't say what your age is...and that's important. You're also on a good site to research ingredients and learn something about what they can do. It's best to have a little knowledge about what you're doing and not just blindly following someone else's protocol.

Almost everything that can help you takes some time. Cell turnover and stimulating collagen usually takes different procedures and ingredients to all work together.
There's no one thing.

Retin-a, Vitamin C serum (of at least 10-20%) and AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) are all scientifically proven. If you can't do retin-a than find a decent retinol. Glycolic or lactic acid peels are good but don't overdo them. Also TCA peels and definitely don't overdo them.

There are various antioxidants, peptides (amino acids) to look for that are too numerous to mention and you need to learn to recognize them as they don't always announce themselves as such.
There are things like Hyaluronic Acid and green tea that are good additions to skincare serums....but honestly, you need to gain some knowledge to learn the full scope.
Fine lines can be alleviated with the right procedures. Deeper lines (expression lines) can be minimized even without injections.

Lines are the result of either and or expression, thinning skin (usually aging but can be genetic or from damage), sun damage and sag (from the loss and migration of subcutaneous facial fat) along with some bone loss. As we age collagen and elastin are not as resilient and need to be stimulated..

You may want to find out more about dermarolling, micro current, red light therapy, laser and radio frequency, face exercises. All of these can be at home procedures.

If you are very young than you may be overreacting so take everything very slow. I've seen a lot of young adults going overboard these days if their faces aren't as resilient and blank as an infants. If you don't have a true problem you can easily make things worse.
A safe bet is retinoids and Vitamin C serums...and always use sun screen.

If you're not so young you need to learn about what different things can do for your skin.
It helps you to know what to do and what to look for and when to do it.
It also helps you to be less a victim of hype.

Thanks for all of this excellent information!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: