Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Ferulic acid in anti-aging cream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EggyolksYa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Ferulic acid in anti-aging cream Reply with quote

Would it probably be OK to add ferulic acid to my lipoic acid + green tea extract + vitamin E + grape seed extract cream? Because I've got a whole packet that I don't know what to do with.
EggyolksYa

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the benefits of ferulic acid, just wondering if it would 'get along' with all the other ingredients in the cream, i.e. not interfere with their penetration
Discohouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what other ingredients are in your cream.
Are you just planning on dumping the ferulic like that into an already made cream? I wouldn't recommend that, unless you understand every ingredient in that cream. It might also damage the preservation system.

It would be better to make your own cream from scratch with those ingredients.

Using those ingredients you have mentioned, I would make sure the product isn't too acidic, nor too alkaline, just to be safe. Aim for a pH of 5-6 in your finished product. You need to dissolve the ferulic acid, and grape seed extract (assuming it's a powder) into some propylene glycol first (1:2 ratio of powder to propylene glycol). The green tea extract (if it's a powder) should dissolve in some water (into a 1:2 ratio of powder to water). The vitamin E can be added to the oily phase. You should then add an emulsifier to mix the water and oil parts together, as well as a preservative to keep it from spoilage, unless you plan on using it up within a week's time.

Water Phase:
Ferulic acid=0.5-1%
Grape Seed Extract=2-5%
Propylene Glycol=3-10%
Green Tea Extract=2-5%
Distilled Water (about 50-70%)

Oil Phase:
Vitamin E, dalpha tocoherol, tocopherol acetate, or mixed=0.1-1%
Oil of your choice (about 10-20%)
Emulsifier of your choice (varies, about 2-8%)

Preservative=0.5-1%

You can always ask me for more info if you'd like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: