Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Just applied my DIY DMAE/lipoic acid cream: it burns!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mald0r0r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Just applied my DIY DMAE/lipoic acid cream: it burns! Reply with quote

Is it normal? I'm ready to endure it. I used a rather low concentraition but I did spread quite a lot of it, being determined and all.

There are still small grains even if I really mixed it pretty well. If it still burns in a half hour I'll rinse it and spread some moisturizer.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people get this reaction to lipoic acid albeit this is not typical. It would be prudent not to endure it. Try reducing the amount/concentrations. If burning persists, discontinue. There are other formulas (w/o lipoic acid) that you can use.
Mald0r0r

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
Some people get this reaction to lipoic acid albeit this is not typical. It would be prudent not to endure it. Try reducing the amount/concentrations. If burning persists, discontinue. There are other formulas (w/o lipoic acid) that you can use.

Thank you, I reduced the amount on my second application and it felt fine, if it bothers me I'll just stick with pure DMAE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: