Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Botox on crows feet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
claudek

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Botox on crows feet Reply with quote

I am wondering if doing botox on crows feet causes maybe more wrinkles after each treatment? It seems I have more wrinkles now then I had last year. It seems after my botox injections faded away, there were more, but maybe just the old time machine.
Lucy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not noticed any difference yet ( I'm 38) but I have noticed that Botox wears off faster around the eye area. I have Botox done on my forehead and between eye brows every 13 months but around my eyes every 5 months. And a couple of my friends have the same problem. But the worst of all I need a higher quantity of Botox than I needed 5 years ago. Somehow my body has worked out the way not to respond to one injection and I need an equal quantity of top up but 5 years ago I hardly needed any top ups. I would like to know Dr Todorov's opinon regarding this.
Mike

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time, Botox is only available (in the USA) from Allergan. It comes in a dry powder. The doctor can mix it with any amount of sterile saline that he is comfortable with, so you can't tell how much botox you are getting based on the physical size of the injections. You have to ask how many units of Botox are being injected. An unopened vial of botox always has 100 units in it. If your doctor is diluting it a great deal, you may not be getting enough units to make it last as long as possible. A typical dose of Botox (for a woman) would be 10 units into the fore head, 20 units into the area between the eyebrows, 15 units into the crows feet (7.5 units on each side), 2.5 units under each lower eye lid, 5 units into the upper lip, 10 units into the chin. The paralysis (relaxation) of the injected muscles will last about 2-3 months, and the wrinkle reduction will last about 3-4 months. If you get re treated before the paralysis wears off, the muscles may atrophy and appear to take even longer to recover. Before 1997, some patients developed antibodies to Botox, which made the Botox useless for them (they could still be treated with Myobloc which does the same thing, but does not last very long). Keep wearing sunblock...it may help you slow down the creation of more wrinkles. I hope that helped answer your questions.
jones10021

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very useful information.
Thank you Mike.
I'm sure a lot of other women will find this useful.
:)
qutee22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
At this time, Botox is only available (in the USA) from Allergan. It comes in a dry powder. The doctor can mix it with any amount of sterile saline that he is comfortable with, so you can't tell how much botox you are getting based on the physical size of the injections. You have to ask how many units of Botox are being injected. An unopened vial of botox always has 100 units in it. If your doctor is diluting it a great deal, you may not be getting enough units to make it last as long as possible. A typical dose of Botox (for a woman) would be 10 units into the fore head, 20 units into the area between the eyebrows, 15 units into the crows feet (7.5 units on each side), 2.5 units under each lower eye lid, 5 units into the upper lip, 10 units into the chin. The paralysis (relaxation) of the injected muscles will last about 2-3 months, and the wrinkle reduction will last about 3-4 months. If you get re treated before the paralysis wears off, the muscles may atrophy and appear to take even longer to recover. Before 1997, some patients developed antibodies to Botox, which made the Botox useless for them (they could still be treated with Myobloc which does the same thing, but does not last very long). Keep wearing sunblock...it may help you slow down the creation of more wrinkles. I hope that helped answer your questions.

Thank you so much. I am scared to get botox, but I am finding that everything I thought was working so well, isn't working as well any longer.
RedDoc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason to fear Botox. Lately there have been alarmist reports popping up in the media about the supposed dangers of Botox, I have seen some reports that have actually linked Botox to brain damage and death, these reports are absolutely absurd. Any time that Botox is actually damaging is if it is used improperly. The FDA approved applications of Botox are perfectly safe and wrinkles treatment is a FDA approved procedure.

RedDoc
prettymeup

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really interesting to read all of your comments about Botox as I'm now booked in for a consultation for my FIRST EVER experience.

As a virgin to this sort of this, I've been trying to gather as much information as I can about what to expect and who are the best to go to.

My girlfriend just got hers done and has been really helpful in giving me a lot of information - however being cautious, I've been digging around a little myself.

Now that I'm booked in for my consultation, I'm really excited. The guys at the surgery that I'm going to in North London, where so lovely to talk to - the even put up with all the silly questions I was asking. If your interested, you should definately check them out, their website is:

harlequinmedical.com

Once I've had my face completed, I'll be sure to let you know how I go.

In the meantime, any more feedback and advice is VERY welcome.

Cheers
sk-pt-c

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Botox fear Reply with quote

I am considering having a Botox procedure for my forehead and crows feet but I am so afraid of looking stiff and unnatural. I am 39 and have begun to have some wrinkles around my eyes but I want to be able to smile naturally. Basically, I don't want anyone to know I got anything done, not even my husband. Is this a realistic expectation?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some observant people who see you every day are likely to notice but many won't.
raggar

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello...I got Botox for the line on my nose between my eyes which worked. However, the doctor also talked me into getting it on the sides of my eyes for 'scowl' lines. That worked for when I scowl, but now I have bags under my eyes in which criss-cross fine lines can now be seen all the time. Is this a known side effect? Is there anything I can use in the meantime to make the area under my eyes look better while I'm waiting for the Botox to wear off?
RRamesh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platelet activated stem cell proves to be better in treating wrinkles.. Maybe it works for crows feet as well..
JessicaLA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The complication lays in the aging process which is inevitable rather then the Botox. Typically Botox injections lasts between three to four months. When the effects of the injection begin to fade, your facial muscles will be able to contract and your wrinkles will return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Botox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: