Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Strength for Eye Area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Retinoids / Vitamin A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Strength for Eye Area Reply with quote

Well, I was about to reorder my Retin-A and was going to probably do .10, although I like .05 as well. Anyway, I am wondering what the "best practice" is as far as the eye area.

I can get .025 - is that what should be used in the eye area? Or should I use .05/.10 but just use it less frequently?

Thx in advance...
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people with sensitive skin avoid using tretinoin in eye area altogether.
If you are determined to use it, 0.025% every other day (or even less) may be a better level to start -- check with your dermatologist.
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
Some people with sensitive skin avoid using tretinoin in eye area altogether.
If you are determined to use it, 0.025% every other day (or even less) may be a better level to start -- check with your dermatologist.

He had no desire to talk about Retin-A whatsoever from what I could tell...
RichardGhval

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Strength for Eye Area Reply with quote

Id say at least 8-12 weeks for any strength program to produce viable results, but 16-24 weeks might be better. What program are you doing?
Whisper9999

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Strength for Eye Area Reply with quote

RichardGhval wrote:
Id say at least 8-12 weeks for any strength program to produce viable results, but 16-24 weeks might be better. What program are you doing?

Currently, I'm not using Retin-A. Any tips for an early senior guy, though, as I could be talked into resuming pretty easily.

I quit because skin tone is pretty good and wrinkles pretty minimal with just dietary changes. Botox keeps my crows feet from getting out of hand.

But I have no doubt that Retin-A would make some improvement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Retinoids / Vitamin A All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: