Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Retinoid receptors - key for perfect skin ? Q for Doctor T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axel13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Retinoid receptors - key for perfect skin ? Q for Doctor T Reply with quote

So in my few months research, I`ve come across some information regarding the retinoid (vitamin A) receptors that can be attacked by UVA radiation.

Quote:
Wrinkles and generalised sagging? Thank you, UVA
UVA is almost entirely responsible for the wrinkles and other effects of ageing on our skin.
UVA is almost entirely responsible for the wrinkles and other effects of ageing on our skin. (Getty)
While UVB is busy mutating DNA and setting off sunburn in the epidermis, UVA can penetrate more deeply into the dermis (the second layer of skin cells) where it converts firm, youthful skin to something that looks like mine.

Anyone who's spent more than $10 on a beauty product knows the key to firm skin is a protein called collagen. It comes in long fibres that form a mesh, giving structure to our flesh.

UVA doesn't directly attack the collagen, it's sneakier than that.

UVA activates receptors that produce the enemy of firm skin: matrix metalloproteinases. These enzymes have one job and they do it beautifully: breaking down collagen. And it doesn't take much UV at all to get this going, so even without sunburn any parts of your skin that are exposed to the sun will age.

As if the collagen attack wasn't insult enough, UV radiation also interferes with the production of Vitamin A receptors on our skin cells.

Vitamin A is critical for cell growth in our skin, but without functioning receptors for the vitamin to activate, our skin ends up thinning, and that's something no amount of carrots can fix.

I was curious if these receptors can reactivate after sun-damage has been done ?! do they resetore themselves naturally ? I haven't found out yet, that's why I need your help to do this collaborative online research and many we can put a light upon the key to keep and maintaing healthy-young skin.

Wikipedia says that
Quote:
Retinoid receptors are nuclear receptors (a class of proteins) that bind to retinoids. When bound to a retinoid, they act as transcription factors, altering the expression of genes with corresponding response elements. Significant age-related declines in the levels of retinoid receptors in the forebrains of rats have been reversed by supplementation with the omega-3 fatty acids eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which can restore neurogenesis.[1]

neurogenesis = rebirth of neurons / receptors

study :

sciencedaily.com/releases/1999/03/990331063314.htm

please read the full study and post your opinion, can the skin be resetored fastly by supplementation of omega 3 fatty acids EPA + DHA ?

Excuse my non-perfect english but I am from Bulgaria

The best regards !
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It it just one study but, if confirmed, would be an interesting finding.

Most likely the levels of retinoic acid receptors would bounce back after UVA exposure, for the most part, but it may take hours or even days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: