Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Can skin get used to sunscreen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Protection / UV damage / Sunscreens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aurell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Can skin get used to sunscreen? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am wondering if a person skin can get used to sunscreen after using it for a long time.

Assume that different people can (naturally and without sunscreen) tolerate UV to different degrees. If a person never used sunscreen before in his life and he could naturally tolerate like 20 minutes in the sun before getting a sunburn (let's call this baseline). And after that he started using sunscreen everyday for years and then stopped.

Can this behavior make his skin more vulnerable to the sun than before he started using it? (comparing to the baseline).

Thank!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you completely eliminate UV exposure, whether by using sunscreen or by avoiding sun exposure, your level of skin pigmentation will decrease to your natural baseline, which might make you somewhat more sensitive to the UV (compared to when you have a little bit of tan from occasional UV exposure).
Terrie Dawson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: Can skin get used to sunscreen? Reply with quote

Well, I am afraid, but I guess skin do get addicted to sunscreen. I have been using sunscreen from a long time now and now, If sometime I don't apply sunscreen to my face, It looks pale and dead. I guess that only because it is addicted to sunscreen and on applying other random creams it don't reacts at all.
GonzaM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:17 pm    Post subject: Can skin get used to sunscreen Reply with quote

You can get used to it somewhat, but you cant go on indefinitely. From my experiences, sleep deprivation is one of those things that people often exagerate.
clarashanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Can skin get used to sunscreen? Reply with quote

Laurell wrote:
Hello,

I am wondering if a person skin can get used to sunscreen after using it for a long time.

Assume that different people can (naturally and without sunscreen) tolerate UV to different degrees. If a person never used sunscreen before in his life and he could naturally tolerate like 20 minutes in the sun before getting a sunburn (let's call this baseline). And after that, he started using sunscreen every day for years and then stopped.

Can this behaviour make his skin more vulnerable to the sun than before he started using it? (comparing to the baseline).

Thank!

Hi, more recommendation for women If you demand bar cleanser, keep away from shampoos with sodium lauryl sulfate which can dry skin. Instead, search for saturating cleansers with fixings, for example, glycerin and plant-based oils. more info visit this site skincaremoz(dot)com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Protection / UV damage / Sunscreens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: