Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Lowest $/oz, fragrance-free DMAE moisturizer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Spade

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Lowest $/oz, fragrance-free DMAE moisturizer? Reply with quote

After suffering constant acne for two decades, about ten years ago I finally got around to trying Retin-A, and found it really did the trick, particularly at higher concentrations. However, those higher concentrations also leave my skin very dry and prone to abrasions, resulting in acne from the irritation. I've found that using a moisturizer helps, and I'd like to find the lowest cost ($/oz) one with DMAE, since it does seem to tighten my face.

Other considerations:
1) It can't have AHA/BHA (since they interfere with Retin-A)
2) Since I'm a guy, I want something that is fragrance-free.

At Vitamin Shoppe I found a DMAE cream that is fragrance-free and is a good moisturizer, but it costs $4/oz. Online I found Source Naturals Skin Eternal DMAE cream, but it has a fragrance and is $6/oz. Other stuff I see on Amazon is even more $/oz.

I'm currently using CeraVe Moisturizing Cream because it is only $1/oz and comes in a 16oz size, but it doesn't work that great as a moisturizer, and of course it doesn't have DMAE. Ideally I'd like to find a DMAE moisturizer that's only $1/oz, but I'd be glad to find something that's $2/oz or even $3/oz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: