Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Natural Lighteners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Lighteners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sophiav

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Natural Lighteners Reply with quote

I have had melasma for almost a year now due to birth control pills. I quit taking them once I realized that was the cause, however, this did not get rid of my melasma. I am hesitant to try hydroquinone, or any of the other "natural" agents like arbutin, kojic acid, etc. Also, I have had horrible experience with product containing glycolic acid as this seems to make my melasma darker.

My question is, where does this leave me in terms of other options for trying to at least fade the darker pigmentation? Does Vitamic C really work? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Jouke

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sophia,
I have the experience that tretinoin lightens dark (pigmented) spots on my face. After I had been using tretinoin I suddenly realised that my skin was much more even than is was before.
I use tretinoin 0,03%, but I don't know whether this will also help against really dark spots, mine were very mild.
Maybe you should use a combination of tretinoin (Retin-A) and a bleaching cream.

Good luck!
Jouke
sophiav

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jouke--

I will give it some thought. I have an appt with my derm and plan on going over some of the options too.

Thanks!
Sophia
alerocollections

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Natural lightening agent update Reply with quote

This post was awhile back but anyone looking for more natural lightener ingredients to try, may find useful.

In addition to kojic acid, Arbutin (alpha Arbutin being better/ beta arbutin), licorice; there is Skinwhite ascurtin, alpha lipoic acid, gigawhite, bearberry extract plus more...

All of these have worked to help maintain complexion, brightness and to some extent even skin, especially when used with a good base cream. Natural lightening is an ongoing process so keep faith it will happen. Looking forward to contributing more on this forum in future, this being the 1st.
Chloe91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject: Natural lightening recipe Reply with quote

There's a very simple recipe I read in a magazine.
Rice flour + water
You should mix these into a paste, apply to the skin, leave for 1-2 hours and wash the mask.
The difference after a couple of procedures (I applied the mask 2-3 times a week for about 4 weeks) was amazing - my skin was brighter, the acne scars and hyperpigmentation I had on my face became less visible...
Give it a try - it is super cheap and there's nothing to lose - you don't even risk having skin reactions. Rice is a natural ingredient that won't irritate the skin, unlike most lightening ingredients that contain acidic compounds
s_leeson

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a cream that worked pretty well for me. I will try and find it again and post back.
Titi1009

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_leeson wrote:
I had a cream that worked pretty well for me. I will try and find it again and post back.

I used this one cream from this mixologist from Nigeria.

It worked for like 6 months then gave me hella stretch marks and dark spots.
Will never use or trust creams again.
Titi1009

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know one girl who used Glutathione, she said she used the pills and the liposomal glutathione for like a good 3 years or so consistently and her complexion was to die for.

It was clear like a baby. I was shocked it was her.

I was convinced she sought a cream from a mixologist but I'm pretty sure she told me the truth (I know when shes lieing!).
amelykruskal

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Natural Lighteners Reply with quote

If you are looking for natural lightener then lemon juice and orange peel are perfect natural skin bleaching agents. It makes your skin naturally lighter and brighter and has none of any side effects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Lighteners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: