Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

New Copper Serum from PSF?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yogagirl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: New Copper Serum from PSF? Reply with quote

Hi all,
Geeze, it's been ages since I've posted! But I have a question I was hoping Dr. T could answer for me. I got an email from PSF that they released a new copper peptide serum. I read the ingredients on their website & they list the copper as "BioGen-Cu™ (Copper Peptides)". I wasn't sure what type of CP it was so I emailed their customer service. They wrote back and said they were GHK-Cu. So my question is this: how does this serum compare to the SkinBio Super GHK Serum & how can it be half the price? I'm hoping you think it looks OK, because I really like the price a whole lot better. Thanks Dr. T! Here's the link & the ingredient list:

psfskincare.com

Ingredients: Aqua (Distilled Water), BioGen-Cu™ (Copper Peptides), Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, B-Glucaderm™ (Mushroom Beta Glucans), Phenoxyethanol, Inositol, Hydroxyethylcellulose

Thanks! :D
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the GHK-Cu concentrations could be different. Besides, the cost of ingredients is often not the primary factor in the retail price. For example, perceived prestige of the brand may have a far bigger impact.
yogagirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dr. T! I didn't even think about the concentration. I'll email both companies & see if they will tell me the concentration - I guess that's the only way to really compare. Thanks for the great advice!
:D
yogagirl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to update, I heard back from both companies & am actually quite surprised! The PSF BioCopper Serum has 2% GHK-Cu and the SkinBio only has 1% GHK-Cu. The PSF version has double the actives for half the price! I asked if 2% was the total concentration of the final formula, or was it 2% of a 1% solution or something, and they said no, that the final product is at the least 2% GHK-Cu!

Well, after I got done doing a happy dance, I ordered myself one. I just couldn't resist at that price! I was tempted to buy 2 since they're on sale, but I think I better try it first in case it's not for me. I don't understand how they can be pricing it so much lower - I hope it's not an inferior product...but the ingredient list looks good, so we'll see. I've never been disappointed with PSF's quality before so I'm hopeful. I'll keep you updated once I give it a try. :)
carrie01

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: How did you like the copper peptide product from psfskincare Reply with quote

[quote="yogagirl"]Just to update, I heard back from both companies & am actually quite surprised! The PSF BioCopper Serum has 2% GHK-Cu and the SkinBio only has 1% GHK-Cu. The PSF version has double the actives for half the price! I asked if 2% was the total concentration of the final formula, or was it 2% of a 1% solution or something, and they said no, that the final product is at the least 2% GHK-Cu!

Well, after I got done doing a happy dance, I ordered myself one. I just couldn't resist at that price! I was tempted to buy 2 since they're on sale, but I think I better try it first in case it's not for me. I don't understand how they can be pricing it so much lower - I hope it's not an inferior product...but the ingredient list looks good, so we'll see. I've never been disappointed with PSF's quality before so I'm hopeful. I'll keep you updated once I give it a try.

Question:
I was wandering how long and how often you have used the copper peptide product from PSF and what your results have been. I am thinking about using it with a dermaroller.
yogagirl

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carrie!
It's funny you should mention using it with a dermaroller, because I just got a dermaroller last month & did try it with the Copper Serum from PSF. To be honset, I didn't think I noticed any difference with the dermaroller or without. So I tried the dermaroller one night & didn't put the PSF copper serum on afterwards & OMG! My face and neck were so red & inflammed & swollen. My skin was itchy & hot & I felt like I had been stung all over by bees. I thought it was maybe a coincidence, like I had exfoliated too much a few days prior to rolling. So I waited a week & then rolled, but this time used the PSF serum afterward & the discomfort was drastically reduced! I tried rolling once more without the serum & I had the same bad effects. I don't think I can use the dermaroller without the copper serum? It must be cutting down on the irritation or something.

Anyway, I have been using the PSF copper serum for a while - since I first tried the sample. I find it to be just as good as the SkinBio Super GHK, but much more affordable. I emailed the people at PSF to ask how they could sell it so much cheaper than Skin Bio or Neova, and this was their reply:

Thank you for your email. Our product does contain over 2% pure GHK-Cu by mass. I do not know why other manufacturers are charging so much more for similar products. We engineer our GHK-Cu in-house, so there is no middle man, and even priced as it is, there is an adequate profit margin for this product. We do not feel the need to inflate the pricing. I'm sure if you try the product you will see it is of very high-quality. If for any reason you are displeased, please return the item for a refund. We stand behind our products 100%. Thanks again for your inquiry & your interest in Pure Skin Formulations.
Kind regards,
Christopher
PSF Customer Service

I use this serum about every other day - at night. I do sometimes use it 2 days in a row if I am rolling & didn't really plan things out in advance. I would say my results have been a much calmer skin tone - I used to get red & splotchy - at one point I thought it might be rosacea, but my doctor said no, it wasn't - just very fair, sensitive skin. I notice an improved texture to my skin - it seems thicker in the area under my eyes & my crows feet where I was starting to see fine wrinkles. They are still there if I laugh or squint, but seem like they have softened since I have started using it....unless it's just hopeful thinking??? Because I did start using their new eye cream too. HTH!
carrie01

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Yogagirl!

Thank you for giving me some information and feedback on your results. I am so weary to try anything since my skin is sooooo sensitive to just about everything. I am using the dermaroller to treat acne scars and I was hoping to find a copper peptide that would be a good compliment to help hopefully increase collagen production in treating my scars. My dermatologist suggested the Neova copper peptide but it has retinyl palmitate in it and this ingredient has always forced large pimples to the surface whenever I have used anything with this ingredient in it. So, I was ecstatic that you mentioned a product that has the copper peptide in it but is designed specifically for sensative skin. I will definitely give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks so much:)!
yogagirl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. Let us know if you try it what you think. I'd be shocked if it didn't help with your sensitive skin too. Our skin sounds very similar! Good luck! :D
byronlof

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: New Copper Serum from PSF Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this information Alpha. I understand why the peptides are taken when no fats/carbs have been recently ingested; but, is true that Hgh should also be taken on an "empty stomach"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: