Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Do we need DMAE ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invvio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Do we need DMAE ? Reply with quote

Hello
Dr. Todorov you stated that none of the well known topical agents has been proven to reverse facial sag. Well how come? I thought wrinkles appear due to sagging skin? And what is most important to me, if I use several good active ingredients and they REALLY increase the production of collagen and elastin, would I still need DMAE or other firming agents?
Please clarify this

Thank you
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both wrinkles and facial sag result from, among other things, loss of collagen and elastin. The relationship between the two is not necessarily causal.

By stimulating the skin production of collagen and elastin with topicals you can reduce the risk of further facial sag but noticeable skin tightening from most topicals is uncommon.
byronlof

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Do we need DMAE Reply with quote

You can have about 1/2 mine, I do not use it too often. About 4 ounces work?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: