Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Standard Process suppliments Dermatrophin PMG/Thytrophin PMG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin and Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Standard Process suppliments Dermatrophin PMG/Thytrophin PMG Reply with quote

What is your opinion of the effectiveness and safety of Thytrophin PMG and Dermatrophin PMG suppliments? (Both by a company called "Standard Process".) I know someone who is taking both, and feels that she is getting good results.

Also, is anyone here using Standard Process suppliments?

They sound interesting, but I'm a little nervous about the idea of "Bovine Thyroid". (See company's info below.)

Quote:
Thytrophin PMG

A Special Combination Formula With Primary Ingredients of 45 Mg Of Bovine Thyroid PMG® Extract (Processed to Remove Thyroxine), Calcium Lactate, And Magnesium Citrate

The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland consisting of a large number of follicles (small secretory sacs or cavities) that contain thyroglobulin. Thyroglobulin is an iodine-containing protein from which thyroxine, triiodothyronine (T3), and tetraiodothyronine (T4) are derived (T3 and T4 stimulate every tissue in the body to produce proteins and increase the amount of oxygen used by cells). Thyroxine, a principle hormone secreted by the thyroid gland, enhances the capability of all food types for energy production and increases the rate of protein synthesis in most tissues. Parafollicular cells secrete the hormone calcitonin (works together with parathyroid hormone). Calcitonin is involved in calcium metabolism and works to decrease blood calcium levels. Calcitonin also inhibits bone resorption (act of removal by absorption).

HOW THYTROPHIN PMG® KEEPS YOU HEALTHY

Maintains Cellular Health
Protomorphogen™ extract is the brand name of Standard Process' extracts derived from nucleoprotein-mineral molecules. The foundation for the function of these uniquely formulated nucleoprotein-mineral extracts comes from the antigen-antibody reaction that takes place during normal cell maintenance. The antigenic properties promote healthy cell division, function, and growth. When a tissue needs support, at least a dozen different compounds are formed that can cause white blood cells to travel together toward the compromised area. They include degenerative products of the tissues themselves. These substances strongly activate the macrophage system, and within a few hours, the macrophages begin to devour the destroyed tissue byproducts. At times, the macrophages can also affect the structure of the remaining healthy cells. The bovine thyroid PMG™ extract in Thytrophin PMG® appears to neutralize the circulating antibody, thereby contributing to the maintenance of cellular health.*

Improves calcium absorption
Calcium lactate is a very soluble calcium salt and highly bioavailable, changing to calcium bicarbonate (the type used by the body) in one chemical step. Unlike other forms of calcium, which are largely insoluble in water and need acid conditions to be absorbed, Standard Process' calcium lactate is highly soluble in water (a neutral pH) and does not depend on acidic conditions to perform its function.*

Enhances metabolic efficiency
Magnesium functions as a cofactor, assisting enzymes in catalyzing many chemical reactions. It functions in such reactions as nerve conduction and nerve excitability; energy transfer, muscular activity; and many other specific processes. This important mineral is a critical dietary substance and is an essential element in over 300 enzymes in the body. While magnesium is present in most cells in only minute quantities, it plays an important role in human metabolism, as does it partner, calcium. The magnesium in this product aids in the uptake of calcium lactate by the body. Magnesium and calcium are synergistic, meaning that what they do for the body together, they cannot perform on their own. Magnesium deficiencies are often accompanied by calcium and potassium deficiencies.

WHAT MAKES STANDARD PROCESS' THYTROPHIN PMG® UNIQUE

· Contains enzymes factors, minerals, amino acids, and proteins combined with bovine thyroid PMG® extract.

· To help to support the role of the thyroid in basal metabolism, its dynamic relationships with other endocrine glands, and its vital role in the promotion of growth.*

· Contains Protomorphogen™ extracts - Protomorphogen™ extracts are remarkable ingredients extracted and processed in a singularly unique manner by Standard Process Inc. Standard Process uses only adult sources of Protomorphogen™ extracts because they contain the important antigenic properties of nucleoprotein-mineral determinants, the foundation of the product.

· Thytrophin PMG® provides nutritional ingredients and support for the musculoskeletal system.*

· The calcium lactate in Thytrophin PMG® is not derived from a dairy source.
Standard Process obtains their calcium lactate from pure-vegetable sources of calcium.

· The ingredients in Thytrophin PMG® are processed to remain intact; complete nutritional compounds.

· Not disassociated into isolated components.

Last edited by Virgo on Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:19 am; edited 3 times in total
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before treating thyriod function, one should at least measure it. The best test is probably TSH level in conjunction with T4 and T3.
Virgo

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, only one of the suppliments is aimed at thyriod function. The other one, "Dermatrophin", is for skin and hair. It's made with "Bovine epithelial". I'm just not sure about all this bovine stuff in their products....
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's' hard to say anything w/o more details on their Dermatrophin product.
Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I could find on Dermatrophin PMG was off the company web site. There's this pdf document:
standardprocess.com/display/displayFile.aspx?docid=92&filename=/Public/Lit/TabSheets/dermatrophinpmg3475.pdf

And then they have this little, not too informative, blurb.

Quote:
The skin is the largest organ of the body. It serves to protect the entire body by covering it with many layers and by responding to and acting on significant temperature changes, thereby providing an automatic thermostat. The skin's ability to regenerate is excellent. Dermatrophin PMG contains Protomorphogen™ extracts which are uniquely-derived nucleoprotein-mineral extracts that support cellular health. Bovine epithelial PMG™ extract helps maintain the skin in a good state of repair to support healthy skin function.†
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't open their PDF
Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's just becuase this forum won't let me type out the full URL. You need both Internet prefexes for the URL, neither of which I'm allowed to type out! (I even tried putting spaces in between.) And their site won't let me copy the text. Sorry!

standardprocess.com/display/displayFile.aspx?docid=92&filename=/Public/Lit/TabSheets/dermatrophinpmg3475.pdf

Quote:
If this PDF has references to actual published studies, please post those.

No, it did not reference specific studies, so perhaps it would not have been enough info for you to comment anyway! Thanks!

Last edited by Virgo on Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I typed in the prefixes and my browser got the PDF file but there was something with the format of the PDF that it didn't open in my version of the Acrobat Reader. Didn't have time to look further into it. If this PDF has references to actual published studies, please post those.
jessica9

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i took the dermatrophin standard process stuff. it was just recommended to me for clearing up my skin by the girl who works at the checkout desk at the homeopathic medicine place i used to go to. honestly, i cannot say what good it did. i can't say it made a dramatic difference, but my skin seemed nice and seemed somewhat improved. i just sort of took it - didn't know much about it. i also tried to find info on it, and there is a lack of information about it.

standard process vitamins are really good stuff though. they are made from mostly food sources (if they are not, they are animal derived, like the bovine and the animals are raised on an organic diet) and the plants are actually grown in a very careful manner to ensure that the soil itself (since pesticides remain in soil a very long time) do not affect the plants themselves. if you look at the actual mg. or iu's of the supplements, you will see they are very low. that is because they are completely food derived and non-synthetic. synthetic vitamins are not as easily absorbed by the body - that is why the levels are so high. so you are getting good quality and a good absorption rate. you are also supposed to be eating a healthy diet while on the supplements! some of the supplements i took seriously changed major health problems of mine. taking the b vitamin supplements (in a higher dose than recommended, recommended by my doctor for my condition) basically eradicated my anxiety. but it was a combination of my therapy there and the treatment. everyone who worked there look crazy young! seriously ageless....and they were all over 40 at least. hmmm...now i want to go back! i try to get most of my vitamins and minerals through food, but standard process supplements are great, and good to have around. when i was doing the homeopathy thing, i wasn't sick for two whole years (then i quit going)!
marlina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does it mean to have mildly hyperactive thyroid? My doctor told me that my thyroid function is slightly elevated by 0.01. What does that mean?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thyroid function can be measured via several tests, such as T4, T3, TSH. Without the exact result of these and perhaps other tests, it is not possibile to interpret your post.
rum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: magnesium citrate Reply with quote

I saw that Thytrophin PMG has magnesium citrate in it. Does anyone know what the product's stated purpose of including this is?
raffel1109

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s very important that you are consuming more omega 3’s and omega 6 days. Unfortunately most people have diets where omega-6 fats are higher. Omega 3s have anti-inflammatory benefits and can reduce the risk of heart disease, help with recovery from exercise, brain health, potentially diabetes and could help with fat loss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin and Nutrition All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: