Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

How I eliminated hyperpigmentation on my face due to extensi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Lighteners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RnX36AdnJOZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject: How I eliminated hyperpigmentation on my face due to extensi Reply with quote

In my late 40s from extensive sun exposure I developed large noticeable hyperpigmentation spots on both of my cheeks, below my eyes. After that I read a variety of skin care advice, and found that following approach works well to eliminate those spots and keep my skin looking healthy.

I stopped washing my face with soap, which can change the skinís naturally acidic pH to be more alkaline and strip the skin of its natural protective moisture and fatty acids.

I read of people using natural oils (coconut, grapeseed, hemp, jojoba, olive, etc.) to cleanse their face and in my experience it works quite well. In the morning, I scrub my face with a hot wet wash cloth and coconut oil.

Then I apply a homemade vitamin C saturated solution (as much vitamin C powder that will dissolve in water). Vitamin C can help protect skin from sun exposure, so I apply it on my face in the morning before going outside.

To prevent the hyperpigmentation from returning, when outside during peak sunlight hours for an extended time, I use Walmart Equate sunscreen which was among the top scored by Consumer Reports in their 2018Ė2019 testing of sunscreen. To minimize my exposure to chemicals, I only apply this to my face. Often I also wear a wide brim hat.

In the evening, I again scrub my face with a hot wet wash cloth and coconut oil. Next I apply several drops of a homemade 24% (wt/wt) salicylic acid solution on my cheeks and leave it on until the next morning. I choose the evening for this since it can make skin sensitive to sun exposure. I find that salicylic acid does briefly sting but works great for eliminating hyperpigmentation. Afterward I apply coconut oil for moisturizing.

To make a 24% (wt/wt) salicylic acid solution, I add 1.5 US teaspoons of salicylic acid powder (packed down and leveled off, about 7.5 g on my Weighmax CT20 milligram scale) into a labeled 1 oz dropper bottle. Next I add 2 US tablespoons of 91% isopropyl alcohol and shake well. I am very careful not to get it on my eyes or lips. I purchased salicylic acid powder from a reputable seller on a popular auction website. I store this well sealed in a cool dry dark location and expect it should last several years or more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Lighteners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: