Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Chemical peels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Lighteners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OffTheDeepEnd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Chemical peels Reply with quote

Dear Doctor

I am trying to get any info on the use of chemical peels to treat hyperpigmentation.

I have been using azelaic acid, but it is not making a huge difference. My dermatologist suggested a chemical peel if the other treatment did not work.

Have you had patients with bad reactions or worsening of their condition? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.
Chara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCA peels can be great for hyperpigmentation. They should be done by a professional though. Lower grade ones can be done by an esthetician and deeper ones by a doctor.
OffTheDeepEnd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

My big fear is that the chemical peel will worsen my hyperpigmentation.

After trying a few creams and pills that didn't really work I'm beginning to feel like maybe I should just try live with my condition.
AwamaEaCB

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Chemical peels Reply with quote

Hi,
Chemical peels, also known as chemex-foliation or derma-peeling, are a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin. In this treatment, a chemical solution is applied to the skin, which causes it to "blister" and eventually peel off. The new, regenerated skin is usually smoother and less wrinkled than the old skin. The new skin also is temporarily more sensitive to the sun.

Thanks
JessicaLA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't found an informative answer yet, hopefully I will help.

Safe, non-invasive chemical peels are effective in rejuvenating aging facial skin. Peels remove upper layers of skin, revealing the younger skin below. Here are some benefits you’ll enjoy from a chemical peel:
Reduces fine lines and wrinkles from your face –By safely “peeling away” your top layer of skin, your younger skin underneath will appear softer with fewer or no fine lines and wrinkles.

Minimizes or eliminates appearance of facial scars – Over time, you may have little facial scars from a variety of events. Chemical peels will minimize their appearance.

Creates fresher, younger skin for patients without any invasive surgical procedures

If your face shows the recurring lines and wrinkles that come with aging, you’ll look and feel younger – Even if your face suffers from adult acne or the red and brown spots that often appear on aging skin, chemical peels will minimize or eliminate these tell-tale signs. Not only will you look younger, you’ll feel younger, too!

While just one treatment delivers visual results, multiple treatments achieve exciting skin wrinkle-free softening – Multiple treatments will achieve dramatic skin-softening results. You will look younger without skin-tightening surgical procedures.

In addition to cosmetic improvements, Chemical Peel treatments improve your health – This solution is an effective cleaning tool. You will suffer neither short- nor long-term skin damage. This peel contains only safe chemical agents that tighten the pores of your skin to reduce acne, even stubborn teen acne. If your skin also includes some so-called “sun spots,” these are also minimized, improving your overall health level. These results will last many years, or even become permanent health benefits.
ovi.nilakhe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chemical peels are treatments that introduce fruit acids or skin-safe chemicals into the skin. Applied as a mask for a couple of minutes, these chemicals are neutralised with cold water following which the top layer of your skin peels away over the next few days gradually. Chemicals like glycolic acid, trichloroacetic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid or carbolic acid are used to improve the overall appearance of the skin and boost its glow.

- Benefits of chemical peels
For women who find external exfoliators too harsh for their skin, chemical peels are a good alternative. It works in sloughing away the top layer of your skin and freshening up your complexion. It also helps fade away acne scars, age spots, freckles, dark patches, melasma and dark spots.

- Chemical peel aftercare
Your skin is more prone to damage with chemical peels when compared to microdermabrasion. Avoid picking on the skin and let the layers fall off naturally. Limit your skin’s exposure to the sun and always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen of minimum 30 SPF. The scaling remains for 3-7 days so, make sure you are taking care to properly cleanse and moisturise the new skin appearing underneath.

Hope my answer will help. To know more information visit on the below link:
bebeautiful.in/all-things-skin/salon-services/skin-polishing-treatment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Lighteners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: