Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Vitamin C and oxidation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlebit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Vitamin C and oxidation Reply with quote

The vitaminc C I'm using is granular like sugar and I'm currently storing it in a ziplock baggie in dark place. How do I know if it still any good or not? It is still just as white as the day that I bought it.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know for sure because the first step of ascorbic acid oxidation is also white. That said, ascorbic acid is relatively stable when completely dry, so if the humidity in hour home is low, there is better chance it is still good.
Lisa723

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply even I was about to post the similar question not exact. I will get it posted if I have got the thing wrongly here.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is such a thing as vitamin D toxicity - at high doses.
luciamarvel1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:15 am    Post subject: Vitamin C Reply with quote

Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. It's involved in many body functions, including formation of collagen, absorption of iron, the proper functioning of the immune system, wound healing, and the maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Vitamin C All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: