Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

VITAMINS FOR ACNE?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEACHTAN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: VITAMINS FOR ACNE? Reply with quote

I'VE SEEN ADVIRTISEMENTS FOR ACCUNATURAL VITAMINS IN THE COSMOGIRL MAGAZINE. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY WORK?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been some very skimpy evidence of the benefits of panthotenate (B5) supplements for acne. Same goes for topical niacinamide.

Topical retinol (vitamin A) may be slightly helpful by acting via the same pathway as tretinoin (Retin A). But retinol is much weaker than retinoids for both wrinkles and acne. (For the same reason, retinol has less side effects than tretinoin.) I suppose for an occasional individual retinol may suffice.

That's about all I can think of as far as vitamins for acne are concerned.

What is the composition of these Accunatural Vitamins? Are they topical or a supplement?
nickelslots

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello there!!!! I wanted to say that the Accunaturals are excellent!!!!!!! :lol: a friend introduced me to them, search www.naturalacnepill.com. i tried these supplements with the challenge they have listed. they work great for me and i hope that others will give the natural way a try!!!!!!! i figured what do i have to lose??? and i gained!!!!!!!!!! good luck to those who are tired of pesky pimples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
NAZ1015@HOTMAIL.COM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT ACCUNATURALS. I AM USING THEM, THEY ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!! MY SKIN AND MY ACNE IS SO MUCH BETTER NOW THAT I CANNOT EVEN EXPLAIN. I WOULD SUGGEST THEM TO EVERYBODY :lol: :!:
allan101

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Hi guys,
All the vitamins for acne I've tested, this vitamin has got to be the most critical. Don't get me wrong, for vitamins to work for maximum benefit they generally need to be combined with cofactors. They donít work in isolation. Some may find they have a vitamin A deficiency even though they eat plenty of carrots. This is because the beta carotene in the carrots isn't being converted very well to vitamin A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Acne All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: