Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Matrixyl and Idebenone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsflweb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Matrixyl and Idebenone Reply with quote

There are so many products coming out that offer a true result in wrinkle reduction, is there room for error when trying to make usable formulations? I read on one sight where they were using 10% matrixyl and 15% Idebenone. I would think that this kind of usuage could be harmful, given that for the matrixyl only 3ppm and 5ppm, respectively , were used in any studies I could find.
Anyone have any comments on what could happen using too much product like these in a solution??
I hope this isn't too detailed for a board question
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even vitamins, such as A, D, K, B6 and some others, can be toxic in very high doses. Clearly, loading a cream with the maximim achievable concentration of an active ingredient is not necessarily a good thing. Unless there is evidence justifying why these particular concentrations are being used, it would be prudent to stay away from these products or at least be very cautios. Besides, large amounts of peptides tend to be expensive, so the product might be expensve -- if it's not, it might be made with substandard peptides.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: matrixyl 10% Reply with quote

can you post the site .
mrsflweb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: site Reply with quote

The site is seattleskincare.com..... you can make the products yourself , too. you need to buy the smartskincare.com's diy download and learn how....it will save youa boatload of money in the future.
I really do question the high percantages they are using in their products. there are no documented studies at these levels , if indeed they really are using the amounts they claim, so beware as the doc suggested.
btw, i also just read about GABA, it works like a botox shot, and it really works...up to 50-90% decrease is claimed. ihaven't tried it yet, but i would like to use....i would also like to hear a comment whether something like a GABA can be used together with matrixyl, argueline, and idebenone..........any comments would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: