Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

matrixyl question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bike6564

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: matrixyl question Reply with quote

Dr. T -

I just bought "Andrea Wrinkle Release with Amazing Matrixyl, Daily Rebuilding Serum." It's $9.99 at Drugstore.com. This is the only Matrixyl product I've found that is comparable to the DIY price.

Also, I read on another post that Sederma "mandates that every company who purchases their palmitoyl pentapeptide must use at least 3 p.p.m." Is this true? And is the specific name "Matrixyl" a trademark of Sederma, i.e., a company cannot list "Matrixyl" as an ingredient unless it comes from Sederma?

Here are the ingredients:

Water (aqua), Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa Extract (Rice), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide 3 (Matrixyl), Sodium Hyaluronate, PVP, Glycerine, Butylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, PEG-40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate-20, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Thanks
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the name Matrixyl originated from Sederma in some way. What's it's legal status, I do not know.

I am not sure that Sederma mandates 3 ppm, but if it has a capacity for such a mandate, it makes sense because they have their reputation to protect and would want at least the minimum effective concentration in products with their patented ingredients.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: