Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Skin Biology vs. Neova

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skincarefreak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Skin Biology vs. Neova Reply with quote

I've used the Neova Antioxident serum w/ copper peptides, and I've had a good reaction to it. I'm interested in the Skin Biology CP. I'm concerned about the possible reaction I may have. If I've used the Neova w/ good results...Does that mean that I shouldn't have a bad reaction with the Skin Biology?
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neova is 'first generation copper peptides' that is astronomically overpriced.

Skin Bio is 'second generation copper peptides' that is less studied than the first generation for skin applications. I don't think there is actual study of the effect of 'second generation copper peptides' on wrinkles. There are such non-official studies for the first generation and I think Neutrogena made some more official studies.

You may wanna try the Neutrogena copper peptides. It is much cheaper than Neova and still 'frist generation'.

Good or bad skin reaction depends not only on the active ingredients but also on the vehicle base. If you go for the Skin Bio, buy the serums. Their creams are well known to cause breakouts in some acne prone users.

I personally don't see a compelling evidence either in first or in second generation peptides so I don't waste my money on them.
ynwen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi orangehrzn,

"...Their creams are well known to cause breakouts in some acne prone users..."

Did you find out the above from others' feedback or notice any comedogenic ingredient from those cream based copper peptide?

I started using range of skinbiology products recently and noticed several small breakouts. I am not sure if its the CP serum or tri reduction cream that caused it.

If you observe any acne causing ingredient from those cream based CP products, do let us know.

thanks,
ynwen
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that from other people's feedback. I never used the creams myself. There's no guarantee that the serums won't cause breakouts either but at least they have much cleaner vehicle (hydroxyethilcellulose + water, it's like clear gel). If you have breakouts even from the serum, it must be that the CopPeptides brake you out.
skincarefreak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orangehrnz....I appreciate your responses. I've already ordered a sample of the CP serum. I thought I'd give it a try that way...Just don't want to have a bad reaction
skincarefreak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dr. Todorov,

I know I had asked this question before, but I was hoping hear what you had to say also. Does cp damage come from the more potent forms of copper peptides only? If I've used the Neova with good results should the SB be ok for me? I'm trying to repair sun damaged skin and I don't want to cause more harm.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to say for sure. There is probably some risk with any form, but the concentration and the chemistry of a particular peptide probably affect the risk. So if you wish to switch, do a thorough patch test outside your face.
skincarefreak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the fast reply. How long should I patch test on my arm? Is it ok to do it on an area that is hidden, like my arm ( I wear alot of long sleeves? Or should I do it in an area that is exposed to the sun? Thanks
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say two weeks at least, and preferably 4 weeks to be really prudent. Covered area may be ok as long as you make sure that cream was absorbed rather than simply rubbed off by clothing.
rachelee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried skin biology and really liked it.
skincarefreak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....Tested out the cp serum on my arm in the area of a mole...didn't see a difference. Should I test it out where I have a scar? Would that be an accurate assessment?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, testing on a scar may be a good idea. But the main point of testing outside the face is to make sure there are no serious side-effects, which can, albeit rarely, occur with CP.
skincarefreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What serious side effects should I be looking for? Thanks
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See reviews of copper peptide products on this site. While most report improvements, couple of people describe significant increase in the signs of skin aging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: