Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

how long inbetween?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: how long inbetween? Reply with quote

Could you please tell me, when layering different skincare products, how long should one wait between applications? For example, I apply copper peptides, then I apply a matrixyl/argireline eye serum, then a DMAE/ALA cream. At night I apply a vit. C serum and tretinion cream. How long should I wait inbetween applications to allow my skin enough time to absorb each product?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest not using too many things at once, otherwise you won't know what actually works for you and what is a waste. At least figure out which items make a difference for your skin before mixing them.
Dee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my short list. I've tried others but these are the ones I can't live without. I know I could buy products with many of these ingredients in an all in one cream or serum, but I like the DIY so I can make sure it's fresh and I know that I'm getting the correct percentages.
So, how long is it necessary to wait inbetween applications???
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't give you a definitive answer because nobody has studied how multiple applications of multiple formulas affect each other and the outcome. As a rule of thumb, I would space the applications at least two hours and not apply copper peptides together with acidic products like vitamin C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Skin Rejuvenation / Anti-Aging All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: