Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Glycolic Acid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsnisky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Glycolic Acid Reply with quote

I have oily skin, with a very oily t-zone. i get occational pimples and hormonal breakouts. I want to try products with glycolic acid. I am interested in a cleanser, toner (10% glycolic acid) and moisterizer (2% Salicylic Acid and 10% glycolic acid) which all contain aha's or glycolic acid. Is having it in all three too much? and if so, where is it best to use it (cleanser, toner and/or lotion)?
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the products are water washable, you don't need cleanser. Cleansers in general do not stop breakouts, they are necessary only if you have to remove water insoluble makeup or silicones. Toners are usefull only if you can't tolerate moisturizer and they should not contain alcohol that irritates skin.

I would go with 2% moisturizer initially. If you skin tolerates it, you could try adding the glycolic acid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Exfoliants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: