Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

The Little Known Vitamin P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Organic Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: The Little Known Vitamin P Reply with quote

There appears to be an aesthetic treatment for facial spider veins that is starting to get noticed. It’s a cream containing the little known Vitamin P. Now, Vitamin P is part of Vitamin C Complex that includes things like rutin and citrus bioflavonoids. If you’re still interested, then keep reading. I did a lot of research.

I found this article that said in 1937, Dr. Albert Szent-Gyrogyo from Hungary won the Nobel Prize in Medicine for isolating Vitamin C. In the course of doing this he discovered and dubbed the bioflavonoid substances Vitamin P for permeability. His discovery uncovered that it had particularly beneficial effects on capillary strength and stability, and may also protect these blood vessels.

I have found one good product by Reviva Labs called “Vitamin P Day Cream. I’m pretty much stuck on this company. It has helped lessen the redness that I seen from those with Rosacca, decongest clogged capillaries (for the spider veins), and has made her skin tighter.

I found “Vitamin P Day Cream” at Whole Foods, but I think that you can find it at most health food and vitamin stores.

Has anyone else tried it?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The term vitamin P is misleading. Vitamin is a substance essential for organisms survival. In that sense, there is no such sense as Vitamin P. They seem to call a mixture of plant falvnoids Vitamin P. Many spider vein creams contain plant flavonoids like rutin, hesperidin, grape seed extract and so forth, i.e. this product is far from unique. The have some effect in strengthening capillaries and may reduce progression of spider viens. But they would generally not make spider viens disapear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: