Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Need Help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheska

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Need Help. Reply with quote

I started using SkinBio's regular Copper Peptide Serum some time in July. Despite knowing regular CP would too strong for the eye area with intial use, I went ahead and applied some CP serum under my eyes and on my eyelids. After a few weeks of inconsistently doing this (I would sometimes skip a day or two), I noticed around the first week of August that my left eyelid looked weird. What I mean by this is, the area between the the brow bone and the actual lid looked "sunken in". Because of that, some of the "sunken skin" formed a little "flap" -- like a second eyelid above my actual eyelid. My right eye looks normal. Since the second week of August, I've quit using the CPs around the area and a week ago, I quit with CPs altogether. It's almost been a month and my left eye still looks weird!! Did the CPs cause this? The thing is, I saw a video of myself taken not too long ago, before CP use, and I know for sure that my left eyelid did not have this problem. Both eyes, in the video, were symmetrical (as much as they naturally were) and now, the difference is huge. They're not the same anymore! It makes me so sad and so frustrated.

Did the CPs cause this? What can I do to help it gt back to normal? So far, for almost a month, I've just been applying emu oil and that helps blinking look more even between the eyes but there's still that difference! What should I do?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarely, people do seem to develop problems with CP. Search this forum, it has been discussed. It is hard to say whether CP is the problem in your case. You have applied CP around both eyes, but developed problem only one one side, right?
cheska

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, only my left eye developed a problem. I'm not sure myself why only one eye.

However, I've noticed that right after I wake up (and an hour/two hours later) both eyes look even but after taking a shower, my left eyelid goes back to having the "sunken" look. I apply emu oil right after that and it helps a little but come evening, my left eyelid looks very different from my right eyelid. Both eyelids are not 'dry' either.

I'm just concerned because it has been over a month since I recognized this problem and quit with CPs around the eye area but my left eye still looks drastically different from my right.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure what to make of this. Even if this is a rection to CP, it is a very unusual one - I never seen even anecdotal reports of this particular reaction.

Last edited by drtodorov on Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
kiwi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think this is a rare case, side effects of cps do not seem to be rare as stated in the article of this site, for anicdotal proof of this just go read the forums of skin biology the makers of cps and you will find many many cases of similar problems with loose. saging skin etc from using cps, i dont have any advice for you sorry as i also have a similar problem from using cps
zstargazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: sagging skin will tighten up with time and continued use? Reply with quote

Do check the ski bio forums. I believe that it has been said that the loosening is a temporary thing and will tighten up with continued use. Do address this and let us know what you find out.

I have just ordered some of ski bio's cp serum myself and I am anxious to see how it works. It has worked for many people.

I have read that a lot of people use emu oil with the cp serum. I'm wondering if that has an effect on how the cp's work?

Keep us posted and good luck !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: