Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

estrogen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roxanne new visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: estrogen Reply with quote

I discovered this site looking for information about the estrogen cream on the Oprah show. This is an informative site ! Is it a woman that answer the questions ? I notice all the questions about the estrogen cream ! I guess I will wait for the reply . wanted the same info .
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is an information site, but unrelated to Oprah or the woman on her show. However, estrogens have long-been discussed here (years before that show) as one of the few topical rejuvenation treatments backed by sciene. See http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/estrog.html and
http://www.smartskincare.com/resabstracts/subjcategidx/estrogens/
Roxanne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: estrogen Reply with quote

thank you very much for the information. I guess I find all the information I was looking for even more ! did not know I can make my own cream !!! On the Oprah show she used the estrogen vaginal cream straight out of the tube on her face. does it have have to be diluted or ok to use from the tube ?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically, it is diluted with a light cream or lotion 1:1.
Sugarbabe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to get more information on this estrogen cream, so I searched internet and found forum where they talked about it and they really scared me. Is it true what they are saying? http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/showthread.php?threadid=189603
Can it really cause cancer and all those side effects?
At what age you can start using it?
Can it be used even if I'm still on the pills?
Do you really have to be under doctor's care all the time?
And also, what is preperation H?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oral estrogen replacement therapy definitely has significant effects on the body, both potentially good and bad, such as some increase in the risk of certain cancers and, conversely, decrease in the risk of heart disease. Whether the net effect is worth it, depends on one's medical history, preferences and other factors. Most likely, applying small amount of estrogens creams to the skin would have smaller systemic effect than oral estrogens (due to incomplete absorption through the skin and smaller doses). But how much smaller is unclear and may depend on the person and a brand/type of estrogen cream.

In any case, ALWAYS consult your doctor before using any form of estrogens, whether topical or otherwise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: