Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Copper Peptides and bad reactions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Copper Peptides and bad reactions Reply with quote

Hi,
I have been using copper peptides from skin biology for almost 2 years now for the purpose of anti-aging. So far I have never had any problems with sagging skin or irritation at all. My skin seems more firm now. My question is will my skin all of the sudden turn on me and will I get some kind of irriversible damage? I don't use the strong copper peptides and I only use it about 4 times a week now. I started out using it 2 times a day.
Also if I do stop using it will my skin sag?
I would appreciate any help I can get on this because it is scaring me now. :(

Thank you
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can never be 100% certain, but in those few cases that I heard of, the problems began within a few weeks. I haven't heard of cases when CP suddenly caused problems after years of use.
Diane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I have another question. Do you think I should stop using Copper peptides and just use something like DMAE serum or a Vitamin C serum?

Thank you so much :)
Diane
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not necessarily see a reason for you to stop using copper peptides forever. But you could consider using something else for a while, see how it goes. You can go back to CP later.
Diane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea to me. I think I might try DMAE serum for awhile.

Thank you for the help
Diane
zstargazer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: results? Reply with quote

Hi Diane, I notice that you have been using the cp's for two years now. What kind of results have you had? Just curious as I have recently ordered some, and like you, am predisposed to take things slowly.

Do you use the cp serum? Around your eyes or whole face? Do you also use emu oil?

Thanks, appreciate your input.
Diane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi zstargazer,
Well, I still use cps, not as often now, maybe 2 or 3 times a week. I use regular cp serum or the Protect and Restore cream. It does seem to keep my skin firm, I think :? . Some days my skin is better than others anyway. I have been using Green Cream high retinol for a year and a half now also, so I don't use cps as often. I don't know if I wll keep buying cps once I run out. I will just see how it goes. If I do I think I will buy the Protect and Restore cream. I have dry skin.

I do use cps around my eyes and whole face. I never had a problem with irritation from it, but now since using the high retinol I'm more sensitive to everything. I love emu oil and use it eveyday.

Hope that helps :)
Diane
jamesherried

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the CP Serum for at least 2 years and I like it. But the way I prefer to do it is use it every other nite (before bed) and on the alternate nights I use a DIY Vitamin C serum. You shouldn't use copper peptides and Vitamin C at the exact same time together. They should be used at least 12 hours apart from each other. Then at least a half an hour after applying each of those serums(on alternate nites), I apply other compatible ingredients on top of them. Then during the day(lafter washing my face) I apply different ingredients from the ones at nite.That approach seems to work for me, it might also work for you. I do is this way to make use of as many effective ingredients as possible(without applying too many at one time to inhibit absorption), because I dont' think there's any one ingredient that can do it all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: