Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

sea Buckthorn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stereo

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: sea Buckthorn Reply with quote

Anyone have any knowledge of Sea Buckthorn. Due to its make up of various omega s, antioxidants and Palmitoleic acid is it benificial to the skin.
jenrix

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard about Sea Buckthorn :?

----------------
Hair removal
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has a mix carotenoids, including lots of lyopene, which are antioxidants. It has some support as a healing agent for burns, ulcers, etc.
stereo

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: sea Buckthorn Reply with quote

Would it be more benificial topically or orally.
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its typical use for skin lesions is topical - as far as I know.
benji

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use seabuckthorn on my skin. I think it helps speed up healing process. I also mixed it in my DIY skin care cream. It's very thick, has orange color that can stain your clothes, and does not smell pleasant to me. I made a serum for my mom with sea buckthron in it. She's been using it for months. Although she likes my serum, she has been complaining that her serum must have gone bad (and I've been trying to convince her that it has not). In fact, it's just the natural smell of sea buckthorn.

So, if you want to use it in your skin care regime, try just a drop on your skin first.
Crystallynn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Face Doctor RX Products Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
It has a mix carotenoids, including lots of lyopene, which are antioxidants. It has some support as a healing agent for burns, ulcers, etc.

I'm curious on your thoughts of Seabuckthorn Skin and Hair Products and what claims they make. Does Seabuckthorn Oil kill human parisite mites? And if so do you believe that's because it does kill the mites, that feed off our nutrients, so using it speeds up healing? Any other thoughts are appreciated. Thank You.

P.S. While were on it, what are your thoughts on the Demodex parasite? Do you believe, or know, that they can cause problem skin?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Basic Skin Care / Skin Health Maintenance All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: