Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

DMAE in AMINE form vs. DMAE Bitartrate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rubby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: DMAE in AMINE form vs. DMAE Bitartrate Reply with quote

Dr. Todorov;

I was researching DMAE skin products and found the following:

Intensive Nutrition Inc. (http://www.intensivenutrition.com/dmaetopical.htm)

Our DMAE products are 100% pure DMAE; our topical DMAE is extremely effective yet less expensive than most other brands!

Our DMAE topical contains DMAE in its AMINE form. This is the ONLY form of DMAE that is absorbed by the skin. If you are using DMAE bitartrate or are making your own DMAE solution, you are not using the right DMAE product Contents: Water, DMAE, Glycerol; *PARABEN FREE*

Dr. Todorov, what do you think about this claim that DMAE in Amine form is better than DMAE bitartrate? Any truth in the statement that DMAE bitartrate does not get absorbed by the skin?

Thanks a million! Rubby
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true that neutral molecules generally penetrate better than charged molecules, and therefore, given the same concentration, DMAE in amine form will penetrate better than DMAE salt, like DMAE bitartrate. However, DMAE amine is highly alkaline and is far more likely to be damaging. Besides, when applied, DMAE amine probably reacts quickly with anions of the stratum corneum and becomes mostly charged before it has had a chance to penetrate.

The bottom line is that unless new studies prove otherwise, DMAE bitartrate, in adequate concetrations, remains the form to use.
Rubby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! So I will go ahead with my DIY's following the instructions in the info pack! Warm regards, Rubby.
Jouke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting really confused.............
On the Essentialspa.com forum I have found everybody praising DMAE amine into heaven, it should work wy better than the b. form.

This is what one of them has been writing, confirmed by the others:

"A few months ago, I started using skinactives 4% dmae (not amine form), it took a few weeks to really start noticing results. After a few months and zip zero nada irritation, and some improvement but nothing to get truely jazzed about, I was reading this thread on diff between types of dmae, I emailed Candy (@candesence) and asked if she could make me a 6% dmae amine, she said yes and a few days later I started on this strength (def would not recommend to begin with) but after 4 days of use, I am blown away (now I realize I've already had a few months build up) but I've had no irritation at all, no redness, nothing, but the firming is amazing, I could feel it on first use, but after applying last nite, I was blown away at the firming. I am truely loving the difference between the two strengths and or its the difference between the source (amine vs b something). Candy's version, sinks right in and works. Not slamming the other brand it just didn't do this or anywhere near it. And all are right, this works fast on the upper lids!!! Also it does help plump the lips out if you rub it over ur mouth as well. Not saying, huge lis, just plumper!!"

So what to belief????????????

Thanks,
Jouke
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very possible that immediate result of DMAE amine application are better because it is neutral and would absorb better. However, long-term safety of DMAE amine for the skin is unknown, and there is a cause for concern due to its alkalinity (in some way it is like applying diluted ammonia). Until there is some data on topical amine safety, I cannot recommend it.

Possibly some balanced mixture of pure amine and bitartrate might be optimal, but again, there's no data at this point.
Jouke

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.
What I will do is try the bitatrate in a DIY first, just in case it seems to do nothing for me I'll try a commercial ready-to-use amine-serum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Firming / Tightening Ingredients All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: