Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Is this DIY CP solution a no no?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
debdrecoh

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Is this DIY CP solution a no no? Reply with quote

SAS are now selling Copper Peptide (GHK), you add the solution to a cream or gel. I noted in previous postings Dr Tordorov does not recommend DIY with CP - does this apply to the above CP solution?
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when GHK-Cu solution is premade for you, it is probably somewhat safer, but still riskier that a well-tested commerial solution: you can make a wrong strength, or use a base with incorrect pH or otherwise trigger dissociation of ionic copper from peptides and so forth. So, this might be an option for a very careful and knowledgeable person who decides to proceed at their own risk. Still, there are decent CP products on the market that are relatively cheap. Why bother with DIY in this case. You should DIY something more expensive.
debdrecoh

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dr Todorov, as I am no expert, and have had excessive dryness with many of the 'proven' anti-aging treatments, it is best for me to stick to the commercial brands.

On that note: can anyone recommend a good, reasonably price CP serum - I will also check the reviews. As postage to Australia can range from free to $25 (I know Skin biology is $25) anyone knowing a compnay with low shipping rates would be great.
guapagirl

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dianayvonne.com sells skin bio CPs and the shipping even to the UK is pretty reasonable, about $7 I think. If you are new to CPs, don't be tempted by the super serum, go for the regular one and start slowly. You will also need to use some kind of exfoliant as well.

HTH, Liz 8)
debdrecoh

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guapgirl I will have a look at Diannayvonne.com. I found an ebay seller, Aglow skincare, who sell Dr P's CP serum ( checked with SKin Biology and it is their stuff) post is only $4 to Aust. - very cheap. Also thanks for the advise on "go slow", I will follow Dr Todorov's recommendations on how to use CP serum - she is always very cautious which I love. I am using (just started) Retin A so that is enough exfoliation for me. Thanks again.

Deb
gaoli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drtodorov wrote:
you can make a wrong strength, or use a base with incorrect pH or otherwise trigger dissociation of ionic copper from peptides and so forth. ................................. Still, there are decent CP products on the market that are relatively cheap.

Like Deb I'm also interested in the SAS GHK solution. I'm a seasoned Generation 2 (Skinbio) user, but still want to try the original peptide used in most of the research. The Neova is expensive and apparantly not at a high enough percentage. the Neutrogena is cheap but with an even lower percentage so I'm afraid there aren't any reasonable commercial options.

I do take your warning seriously, but would still like to go ahead cautiously and I'd start with patch tests first. From what you say Dr Todorov I am assuming that any really neutral base would work for diluting this; such as deionised water or maybe hyaluronic acid. Would that be correct?

Does anyone know what percentage was used in the tests referred to on the Skinbio website? The SAS active is a 0.1% solution and I am trying to find out if that is strong enough and if it is by how much it should be diluted. They say it should be put in a 4oz base, but I don't know what that is based on, though I'm waiting for a response from them.
Thanks
gaoli
gaoli

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Virgo
I have pretty much given up on my DIY idea. I found a 0.05% solution from Cellbonedotcom if anyone else is still looking but from piecing together speculation and a few facts around the forums I'm guessing its still much weaker than the solutions used in tests. I'm thinking (and I could be way off) that it should be more like 4%.

I also begin to worry about the quality of these DIY sources and the base formulation. When you see just how long it takes Dr Pickart to create a new product you really have to wonder if your own ignorance of skin biochemistry makes it look all too easy. I found a post from not long ago where he says he is still introducing an 'intense GHK' serum, but dropped the original supplier they were working with because of the level of inpurities in the supplies. This has made me extra doubtful. How can we as amateurs check these DIY sources?
orangehrzn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google 'Iamin gel'. I think it contains the original GHK, sold by Procyte. It's sold as a wound dressing and a 3 oz tube is something like $30.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: