Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

CP Stability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yogagirl

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: CP Stability Reply with quote

OK. Now I remember why I dont DIY! I have SkinBio's CP Serum, and wanted to try to add salicylic acid (2%) to it to "make" my own version of their SuperCop Serum. After I added the SA, it got this greyish precipitate on the botom & the serum turned a light green instead of remaining dark blue-green.
Now, before Dr. T gets nervous, this isn't a DIY post! My question is this - did I ruin the serum? Can I still use it & just pour the liquid off the top into another bottle, or did I kill the peptides?
TIA!
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I have mentiond elsewhere, copper preparations are a NO-NO for DIY, because tinkering with them may covert copper into a form that is potentially damaging to the skin. You should discard the tainted serum and not DIY copper in the future.
yogagirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I have been afraid to use it, so I will toss it. I'm not a big DIY'er, but I guess I really picked the wrong type of product to experiment with!
Thanks!
:D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Copper Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: