Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

Please Help! Need 2 find temporary fix 4 acne scars quickly!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Please Help! Need 2 find temporary fix 4 acne scars quickly! Reply with quote

Hi I just stumbled upon this site and thought maybe someone might be able to recomend a product that I need. I have had cyctic ance for many years which has caused ugly pitted scars. It's so bad that I used to consider myself somewhat attractive now I don't want to be seen by anyone and rarely leave the house. I know I need to see a professional but that is not in our budget. Now the Holidays are here... from what I heard I thought a product from HSN, InstA-tox might work for me, temporily. After reading some reviews from people I don't think it is for me. I figure anything that "fills" wrinkles well might fill my scars. My daughter is having a beautiful wedding in May so I have to find something by then. Even if not a temporary solution I do have 5 months to prepare for the wedding. Any suggestions? Any would be greatly appreciated.
marsto911

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Unfortunately, many effective derm treatments are costly. I do not know of any inexpensive treatments.

For longer term treatment of acne scars, a couple options.

Laser (smoothbeam is FDA approved to treat acne scars). Need multiple treatments 4-6 average. Must maintain improvement with laser every few months. Go with someone experienced using that laser.

Dermabrasion (not microderm). This is a procedure where a sandpaper/brush is put on the face and "sands" off the areas. This is a minor surgical procedure. An MD or trained licensed person should perform this for you.

Chemical peels (done by a licensed and trained person) might help soften them up a bit.

Microderm (in my opinion) would not be worth the $$. If I were to spend $$, I would go to laser or dermabrasion.

I would be VERY skeptical of any treatments which say they will take away acne scars. Acne pit scars are very difficult to treat. There is no easy way, or nobody would have them.

If you want treatment, you should go now to get started.

Good luck.

M
amy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Thanks for the advice Reply with quote

Marsto911, Thank you for your reply. Unfortanately I'm not able to see a professional at this time, which leaves me desparately seeking a product to atleast TRY at home. I see products that SAY will help but am reluctant to try any of them without a recomendation from someone. Your advice is very helpful. Thank you.
Fyen

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Dr's Seager Reply with quote

Hi, have you come across to this product called DR's Seager?
It's very effective. Recently my sister is using it, for just a month her size of pores have reduced small. And this product will help to smoothen your skin and to cure all kind of skin problems.
Many of my colleagues are using it too and indeed i saw alot of changes on their faces. Everyone of them getting a better look skin.
I'm intended to try it out in June. But the only drawback of this product is it's very expensive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Common Skin Imperfections All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: