Smart Skin Care Forums
Home  -   Forum Index  -   Search  -   Register  -   Profile  -   Log in  -   FAQ  -   Contact Us

matrixyl 3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lalamb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: matrixyl 3000 Reply with quote

The active ingredients in matrixyl 3000 form the personal formulator are Palmitoyl Oligopeptide aka matrixyl and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3. I asked the personal formulator what the percentages are for the actives. They said they didn't know because they're not the makers of the formula. Because of this I don't know the parts per million of the Palmitoyl Oligopeptide. Tpf recommends using 3-8% of matrixyl 3000 in a formulation but there's no way to tell how much matrixyl your getting.

I'm using 4% matrixyl 3000 in a base of Curel but don't know if I'm getting 10 ppm of matixyl as dr todorov recommends. If anyone is using matrixyl 3000 would like to know what percent and if its working. Thanks.
Racoon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, matrixyl is palmitoyl-pentapeptide (in a solution). matrixyl 3000 for whatever reason has palmitoyl-Tripeptide and also adds palmitoyl oligopeptide. i bought matrixyl 3000 when it was the only thing i could find. unfortunately i don't know what percentages of either peptide i am getting in the solution.

now skinactives.com is selling palmitoyl-pentapeptide. 2 ml for $10.50, and they say it is 15% palmitoyl-pentapeptide. i will let u do the math. :0)

Dr. Todorov, is a longer peptide in use as a matrikine theoretically more beneficial?

*wonders if matrixyl 3000 + matrixyl is something to consider*
maxxilla

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You meant .15%, right? :D

I was the one who asked, and she said:
"0.15% of the peptide, 5 times as concentrated as the solution sold to skin care manufacturers (who call this 100% Matrixyl), they use it at 3% in the final product. Because Matrixyl is meant to be a signal peptide, even used at 3% concentration of the original 0.03%, it should be effective."
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no point comparing Matrixyl with Matrixyl 3000 -- the only thing they have in common is the name. Matrixyl 3000 has 2 new peptides, both of which are unrelated to the palmitoyl pepnapeptide in the original Matrixyl. They seem to show promise, especially in combination, based on the company's research but at this point the data is limited and uncorroborated by others.
merton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Matrixyl 3000 v. Matrixyl Reply with quote

there are 100 ppm of Palmitoyl-GHK and 50 ppm of Palmitoyl GQPR in Matrixyl 3000(tm).

The patented liquid is standardized.

Prior to the recent name change of the two peptides the CTFA/INCI name : was Glycerin (and) Butylene Glycol (and) Aqua (water) (and) Carbomer (and) Polysorbate-2o (and) Palmitoyl Oligopeptide (and) Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3.

The independent name of the Palmitoyl-GHK standalone is refered to as Biopeptide CL by the manufacturer. The second ingredient alone is still called Rigin(tm) by the manufacturer. I've seen Rigin in several products to date. There was a double blind in vivo comparison between Matrixyl and Matrixyl 3000(tm) presumably by the manufacturer. It appears to have been conducted in strict professional scientific control.

Briefly, the results indicate that Matrixyl outperformed the two seperate components of Matrixyl 3000(tm) (Biopeptide CL and Rigin) substantially when the constituents were only applied by themselves to the exclusion of the other. The criteria was wrinkle reduction and collagen I resynthesis. However there was a considerable reversal of such performance when the two were combined into the Matrixyl 3000(tm) formula. Noteworthy also with respect to Collegen 1 synthesis in in vitro tests the increased concentration of the two components increased such synthesis exponentially rather than linearly. For example, at 1%(1.5ppm) collegen 1 synthesis in vitro was reported 5%, at 3%(4.5ppm) it was 35%, at 5% (7.5ppm) 49% and when the concentration was raised to 7.5%(11ppm) there is a spike in collegen synthesis 1 to 258%. As stated at the outset Matrixyl 3000(tm) in its standard form is 150ppm of the two combined polypeptides.

In addition, unlike Matrixyl, they found Matrixyl 3000(tm) fostered the creation of a significant local nervous fibre and cappillary support grid prior to the laying of the new collegen. In my mind this benefit of this nourishment structure would be equally as substantial (and facinating) as the increase in collegen 1 overall quantity.

The in vivo wrinkle response was similarly indicative of the superiority of the new product.

I hope this helps.
-merton

Last edited by merton on Tue May 09, 2006 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
vertm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: matrixyl ? Reply with quote

merton,

So which one do you use ..... from personalformulator or SA ?
merton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a difference? The concentration appears the same.

-merton
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racoon wrote:
Dr. Todorov, is a longer peptide in use as a matrikine theoretically more beneficial?

I assume you are asking whether the benefits continue to accumulate when one uses a peptide for many month. Theoretically, it is possible. E.g. benefits of tretinoin were shown to accumulate for at least 1 year. But wheher this is actually true for matrikines is unknown: you need long-term studies for that, which to my knowledge haven't been done yet.
merton

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Keep in mind that penta- refers to 4 rather than 5 Reply with quote

As a point of interest its well known now that there are two new peptides in Matrixyl 3000(tm). (not really new as they were in the file and in use). One is a palm oil lipid with 3 aminos (peptides) attached with the INCI name Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and the molecular sequencing of Pal-GHK.

But thats not the part relevant to this thread. The other peptide known individually as Rigin(tm) was named as INCI Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-3 and as was correctly pointed out has 4 aminos (peptides) in molecular sequence Pal-GQPR. (the 3 at the end of the name has no chemical meaning). Anyway, this makes sense right, tetra = 4, could have been quadrapeptide. But here's the interesting part.

[edited by author]

-merton

Last edited by merton on Tue May 09, 2006 4:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
drtodorov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that a peptide with four aminos (and palmitate group) is now called palmitoyl pentapeptide-7 ?
merton

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue has been corrected at every level. Pal-GQPR as it appears in Matrixyl 3000(tm) is Palmitoyl-Tetrapeptide-7.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smart Skin Care Forum Index -> Small Peptides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: